Chapter Thirty-Four

Depuis le début

"I know you're scared Sara. Believe me, I know. You think I came here voluntarily? The things these people are telling me are things I don't want to know, but I need to know. And so do you. You need to relive the memories so that they can be taken off your chest. Nobody ever said this was going to be easy, but you need to stop and live through it because you're strong and you will make it. You've made it so far and can't give up now. I won't allow it. Just remember it will be over soon. Alright?" He pulls back wiping the tears from my eyes. I look at the ground ashamed. I feel weak. I feel like a little girl crying at every single scary moment that comes her way.

"I'm an emotional mess." I barley make the words audible but he hears them.

"No, you're not. You're afraid, maybe a little tired too. You're just at your breaking point. Like I said, it will be over soon just go in there, and hold in that one last breathe, and when it's over, that's it. You'll be free." Hearing the word 'free' makes my stomach flip. If I can suck up this one last time of torture, I'm done for life. No more secrets, no more hair dye, no more fake names, no more sleepless nights. No more fear. This gives me enough confidence to look up and lift my chin.

"Okay," I say confidently. I look back into Carson's eyes taking one last deep breathe before throwing my arms around his neck, inhaling the familiar scent I've grown to take a big liking to. "But please be right out here when this is over, I don't know how much I'll be able to take of both of my parents being in the same room."

Carson chuckles, "I'll be right here. The first thing you will see after coming out that door is me. I promise." I nod and let go. Carson gives me a kiss on the forehead before opening the door and letting me inside. I look at the ground silently sitting in my chair as Leo and William exit the room. Once the door closes Charles takes a deep breathe as well. "Well, let's get started shall we?"

                                                                                ***

"Are you kidding me?!"

Well, we made it through the first question, second one and we all lose it so get the popcorn ready.

"And tell me what kind of a life you could have given her exactly?" My mother yells at my father from across the table. Her eyebrows furrow together in anger and her eyes scream fire.

"Better then the one you gave her." He spits back. I appreciate the fact that my father is keeping his cool and is not ready to start wrestling. However it's still not a pleasant sight. My mother hovers over the table yelling in my fathers face, or at least as close as she can get. Charles holds her back when she gets too close. This is exactly why I did not want to do this. I didn't want to sit back and watch them yell until the glass of windows all over the world begin to shatter. I still fail to see the point in this whole interrogation thing. This has done nothing but cause trouble and right now I feel like I'm in the middle of World War III.

My mother's face is red from anger which makes a weird combination with the orange she wears. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" She yells back. Charles looks a little frightened from the yelling, heck, I expected this though. Not saying I'm enjoying this, but when you're mother puts you in this kind of situation you shouldn't expect this to be some kind of tea party with extra cookies and croissants.

"Just look at her! You took her away from me to slowly break her down so the point where she just snapped! You completely ruined her in one of the worst ways possible! Do you know how that makes me feel? To be a dad and feel like you have completely failed? Of course you don't and you don't care!" I can tell by the way my father clenches his fists, he is trying to keep calm, he is trying to be the bigger person and not lose control. I can't imagine that being easy while some crazy woman is yelling at you from the other side of a metal table.

Charles looks at my mother, then my father, my mother, and back at my father before setting his eyes on me and seeing the disappointed expression on my face. "ENOUGH!" He yells. Even though I somehow knew he was going to say something, that made me jump almost causing me to laugh.

"You both are doing nothing to help the situation! Look at your child! Now you're making me feel like a monster for even holding this interrogation, no kid deserves to see this! Now be quite and answer the questions when I speak to you." Charles's voice got low and deadly. It worked to stop the yelling though.

"Now, Amelia, I want to hear from you first-" I cut off Charles immediately sitting up in my seat somewhat interested.

"Wait Amelia? Her name is Amelia?!" I feel like a fool. I feel like everyone might have known this except me. My father scoffs, "why doesn't it surprise me that you didn't know that?" Truth is I never really knew what my mother's real name was. It came up at times, but the subject was always forgotten about very quickly, I guess that's another thing I never picked up on.

"Excuse me!" Charles waves his hands in the air grabbing everyone's attention. "If we're going to get through this, we need to do this now!"  I sit back in my chair keeping my arms crossed over my chest. Charles begins to speak, nothing I would have any interest in so I think about Carson, sitting a room similar to this one. I hope he's okay; I hope he can be stronger then I was earlier.

"Why did you take Sara to the United States Amelia?" This catches my attention. I look over at my mother. She squirms in her seat like it pains her to speak. I watch her mouth open then close. Her eyes twitch and by the amount of times she wipes the palms of her hands on her pants, I'm almost positive she's sweating out of nervousness. I look over at my father and see his eyes planted on my mother, his eyebrows furrowed and he constantly clenches his fists then lets go, then clenches them again and so on.

I also put my eyes on my mother, trying to bite my lip to hold back any expression that she may be able to read. Charles sighs from the other side of the table, "you have to speak now-"

"The experiment had to be done!"

"May I-"

"Yes."

And I leave the room, slamming the door behind me. No looking back, no tears, just disappointment and betrayal.

hey...so uh.. things aren't going well for me right now. friends are becoming enemies and things are just blah. but I'm not going to bore you with a 20 page essay on my life story but I just wanted you guys to know why the updates haven't been very frequent... anyway, i changed my username on instagram and im not sure i like it. help me out will ya? also, i keep deleting all my pictures cuz i have no idea what to post... lol. anyway as of right now my username is hannahxalverez but i was thinking on some other things..

hxalverez

hannahxalv

xxhxalverez

xxhannahxalverez

xhannahxalverezx

xhxalv

idk... which one do you guys like? Alright.. well i gotta run but i hope you guys have a good day.