Chapter 9: Sea Terror Claws!

At this moment Haoxin could be seen sitting cross-legged at the center of Old Diamond's training field with the Sea Terror Octopus' black spirit ring hovering in front of him.

Haoxin then sighed and said: "So what you're saying is that the Sea Terror Octopus must've devoured some sort of rare resource or powerful spirit beasts within these three thousand years which was why it was able to promote to 68,000 years?"

Old Diamond: "Yes that is what I believe to have happened.... However we can talk about that later. I think it's about time you absorbed the Sea Terror Octopus' spirit ring."

Hearing the old tortoise's words, Haoxin couldn't help but stare at the 68,000 years black spirit ring in front of him and frown.

He could feel the sheer pressure emanating from this spirit ring. Even without his enhanced intuition he knew this wasn't something he could absorb.

Haoxin: "You said you had a way to let me absorb this spirit ring without any problems right Old Diamond? Well... what is it?"

Old Diamond: "Don't worry young man just start absorbing it and leave everything else to me."

Haoxin then sighed and said: "Alright... you haven't let me down so far Old Diamond."

After taking a deep breath Haoxin released his Elemental Nemesis Tree and activated his Narural Spirit Universal Law cultivation technique.

After a moment the brown haired boy finally began absorbing the 68,000 years black spirit ring.

"Kuh!" Within only a few seconds Haoxin had already began feeling unbearable spiritual pressure from the spirit ring.

"Damn! It feels like the energy from this Spirit Ring can make my body explode any second now." Thought Haoxin.

As Haoxin continued to endure the pressure and energy from the spirit ring, a milky white like energy suddenly came out of his forehead and enveloped the 68,000 years black spirit ring.

The moment this occurred, Haoxin felt much less pressure from the spirit ring which allowed him to slowly begin to relax while absorbing it.

It was then that Old Diamond said: "I have placed a seal on your spirit ring which will suppress it's power to a level where you can easily absorb it. What's more after getting to know you better in these passed month and few weeks, I've realized that you are not the type of person that likes unnecessary attention young man. As such I made it so that while the seal is active, this spirit ring will take the form of an ordinary hundred years yellow spirit ring."

"Once your body and mental strength reaches a level that can withstand the true power of this spirit ring, I will teach you the method to remove the seal so that you may return this spirit ring to it's original form whenever you wish to. Once that time comes, you will be able to unleash the true power of the spirit skill attached to this spirit ring. Anyway... I believe you already know this but I will also be placing seals on your next few spirit rings as well so that you can also absorb them easily like this."

A few hours later Haoxin slowly opened his eyes and stared at the spirit ring hovering around his Elemental Nemesis Tree. He had successfully absorbed his Elemental Nemesis Tree's first Spirit Ring!

As Old Diamond had said, the once black spirit ring had now indeed become a yellow spirit ring. However there was one thing peculiar about it. There seemed to be a small circle shaped white symbol at the top of the ring.

"I'm guessing that white symbol is the seal?" Thought Haoxin.

It was at this moment that the boy suddenly noticed something else.