5| ᴍᴀᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ: ꜱʟᴏᴡ-ᴛᴏxɪɴ

Start from the beginning

I did as he said, he adds further, "Type Sahor Ranav Sulthan." I've typed his name, as it shot on the top list before I can type his name fully.

I clicked on the name, my eyes went wide, terrified of the face I'd met with the sight of. Isn't it him? That moron. I scrolled down to see his wiki. Oh, no!

Is he a billionaire?

That doesn't mean, he can approach a girl, inappropriately. I shrugged off, as I wrapped up the google thing. I don't want to know anything about him.

"Sir, why did you suddenly tell me to type his name on Google?", I marvel, as he stayed silent, for a moment and explained to me, the reason.

"He's my close friend. You know at the 100 feet distance, SRS Company is located. That's his. We are the business partners.", he declared, as it had my head swiveling.

Oh, God! This is so bad...

I gave him a timid nod, not knowing what to answer back for this. The ride was silent until my phone rang. I took the phone out of my bag and attended to the call, it is Mother Stella.

I spoke in a quiet tone, not wanting to create a disturbance for Mr.Mewar as he is also speaking on the phone.

Mother asked, did I get the job? I did tell her that I reached Delhi but I had not explained to her anything about my job, not wanting to disturb her.

"Mother, I got a job, but not in Delhi, it's in Mumbai. I already joined.", I let out, merrily.

But, my happiness got crushed when the reaction is not something I expect from her, in the first place.

"What Mumbai? Did you join? Why did you go there? That city is not good for you. You said you're leaving for Delhi, Aadriti. Why-", she started jabbering, getting tense.

It left me dumbfounded, as I told her to take a deep breath, firstly. She did as I told her. I wondered, why she is freaking out like this? After leveling her breathing, she ordered me to go back to Kerala, this instant itself.

What?!

"Mother, I can't. I signed 3 years of contract with the company.", I told her the reason, as she heaved out a deep sigh. It can be listened to, even though we are talking on the phone.

"Mother, what's wrong?", I worried as she is getting stressed a lot. I can hear her heavy breathing, as she said, it is nothing, that she is frightened about my safety in the big city.

I smiled, as I told her, about the hostel facility that I have here. As I told her about the demise of Aleena ma'am. I asked her, should I request a leave from the Company.

"No dear, don't go. It's not a safe place for you anymore. Mithun will visit, thinking you will come for her burial.", she advised me, as I said, ok. Because I also feel the same about it.

"And, very soon, my work in Kolkata gets finalized. I'll arrive in Mumbai to visit you before leaving for Kerala.", she confessed, which made me delighted, as I told her that, I am waiting for her arrival.

After that, I hung up the call, and the drive has gone silent. After the travel of one hour, we finally reached the conference area. I was about to get down but, Mr.Mewar stopped me.

"Aadriti, for this one, Sahor came already with his Editorial Assistant as I have to attend next conference, for that you have to work. You stay here. I'll finish the meeting and get back.", he interpreted as I nodded.

I looked at the conference spot, as it's like a Project tendering one. I can see the construction works going on.

I stayed in the car silently, speculating about the death of Aleena ma'am. It is so sudden, unexpected. Apart from it, Mother Stella got so anxious, hearing the Mumbai name. Why she is scared of this place? Did something happen?