Epilogue

Written by danielpawelthelarry

Louis felt overwhelmed with emotions, he sat on the sofa uneasily, thinking up every possible scenario that could go down. He was truly panicked. His jeans felt impossibly tight around his thighs and his shirt clenched to his torso in a suffocating manner.

He heard nothing but his own beating heart in his chest for a couple of minutes before a tinkle of keys sounded outside the door. He jumped up from his seat in a hurry.

The door slammed shut and in came Harry with a warm unzipped jacket, unruly tussled brown locks, and a timid smile. He dropped his bag by his feet and gazed towards Louis.

"I'm home"
Harry whispered, the meaning lost as soon as the words left his mouth as Louis rushed over, his hands wrapped around Harry's neck, pulling him in for a kiss.

As they kiss, harry exhaled, as if holding in his breath for a while.
"You're home baby"
Louis whispered when they pulled apart, each other's breaths fanning on their faces. Harry's hands rose to Louis' cheeks as he broke into a smile.

They stood there, absorbed in their own little bubble as they stared at each other with wide grins.
"Still nervous darling?"
Louis whispered but Harry just shook his head, his locks fluffing up as he did so. Louis' hand went up to pet his hair, he ran his fingers through it with so much joy in his heart, it ached.

Louis helped Harry shrug off his coat before leading him to the sofa. They cuddled into one another, with Harry laying on top of Louis,
"I love you"
Harry whispered, leaning up to kiss Louis dead on the lips.
"I love you too baby"
Louis replied, stroking Harry's back gently.

"No more fights?"
Harry asked, mumbling into Louis' neck.
"No more fights, I promise. Can't stand being away from you for that long ever again sweetheart"
Louis replied, his hands slowly traveled down Harry's back to the back of his thighs, lifting him off the sofa. Harry giggled happily as he held onto Louis' neck tightly.

"We have a lot of catching up to to"
Louis stated with a smile making Harry laugh even more,
"Do we?"
he says in between chuckles,
"You promised me a couple of things in our letters and I'm taking you up on one of them right now"
Louis said walking up the stairs towards their bedroom.

"And which one would that be?"
Harry teased, but Louis' hands were quick to find Harry's arse and gave it a squeeze.
"It's a surprise"
Louis said making Harry giggle even more as he dropped him on the bed.

They both stared at each other with so much love it was suffocating.
This time it was different. They'd promised it would be.

A couple of days later, Harry called the therapist and booked an appointment with her. They arrived holding hands with smiles plastered onto their faces. She smiled at them happily before letting them get settled on the sofa.

She saw a contrast between their first visit and the second. The way they constantly looked over at one another with a twinkle in their eyes or the fact that they were sitting next to each other, thighs touching and Louis' arm around Harry's shoulders as Harry snuggled into his side. compared to when they first sat in the office on opposite ends of the couch as if compelled by repelling magnetic forces.

"How are you both doing?"
she started off, trying to ease the conversation. Harry smiled at Louis happily,
"We wrote letters to each other all month. It's been an amazing experience getting to know one another again"
Harry said, his hand finding its way into Louis'.

"I'm glad it went well. Louis, I know you weren't too keen at the start, did you manage to enjoy the process too?"
the therapist asked curiously, she saw Louis roll his eyes playfully,
"Yeah yeah, I loved it. I think I felt uncomfortable at the start, especially when I was afraid that Harry would actually up and leave me, but now I can say that it's been for the best"
he answered, harry squeezed his hand in reassurance.