twelve

It's been a few weeks now that I have been seeing Lucas. I have been the happiest I have ever been. In the beginning I had my doubts about dating an older guy but now...oh my it is like a fairy tale.

Each day is better than the last.

Today I have to work late. I would normally get off a hour or so before Lucas. He is going to be meeting me here and then reading back to his place for dinner. He has something to tell me. I hope it is nothing bad.

My day at work seems to be dragging ass. Minutes seem like hours. I reckon it's only like this because I want to see Lucas. I can't wait to be in his arms. We don't even have to make love...I just want his arms wrapped around me holding me tight. I thought before Lucas I knew what love was. Yes, I said love. I haven't told him yet but I really believe that I am falling deep in love with him. I have tried so hard to figure out the words for how I feel....how he makes me feel. There are no words for these feelings I have for him.

I just hope that this isn't a one way street on the feelings. There is a big part of me that is so afraid that he doesn't feel the same. Then there is the thoughts I have about how I look. I have never been the one to be hard on myself over how I look. I know that I am a bigger girl, the type that most men don't go for. So when someone shows interest in me I kind of find it hard to believe. Like now, how could someone like Lucas could find me sexy as he is always saying. I have been able to push those feeling to back a little.

" Chey...a gentleman is here to see you." Annmarie, the new girl said as she popped her head into the office.

The butterflies started fluttering in my stomach. Just the thought that is more and likely someone else and not Lucas saddened me.

As I walked around the corner my eyes landed on a person that has me all giddy. I walked around the counter and into his arms.

" Mmm you smell like my favorite coffee." Lucas whisper's into my ear.
I made him his coffee and he sat and waited for me to get off. I couldn't help myself, I made sure my dinning room was clean. Just so I could be near him. Gosh darn it ....I have falling hard for this man.  I hope tonight is not going to be bad.

The closing manager came. As we was walking out of the store Lucas wrapped his arm around my shoulders...
" What's wrong babe?" He asked as he pulled me closer kissing my ear. Oh fudge.... I so want to tell him that I am scared about what he wants to talk about. But I can't , I don't want him to think I want it over or anything.

" Nothing" I say looking up at him and smiling.

" Baby girl if you are worried about what I want to talk to you about is nothing bad. I promise..."

I want to believe him...

Lucas must have gotten off of work early. His apartment was cleaned up and the smell of something delicious filled the air. That's is another thing about this man. He sure does know how to cook. If I ate his food every night I would be as big as a house in no time. Maybe he likes being with a big girl.

I threw my things on the couch and followed him into the kitchen.

" I made us some pot roast and roasted vegetables. I hope you don't mind." Lucas said wrapping his huge arms around my waist resting his head on my shoulder.

I snuggled into him...
" It smells delicious...I don't mind at all."

He turned me around to face him. His eyes landed right on mine. His eyes moved slowly in between my eyes and lips. Oh please tell this is not the end....please....

" My shy eyes...." Wait did he just call me his?
" From the first day we talked to each other online and then meeting you in person not knowing who you was...I felt something that to be honest I have never felt for anyone before."

The air disappeared from my lungs...
He pushed the little hairs that had falling from my bun, behind my ear.

" I know we have only been together for a couple of months." Oh god he is killing me....
" But in the little time I have been able to send with you makes me want to spend the rest of my life with you. Cheyenne.....I have falling in love with you and I don't want to go another day in my life with out you by my side."
What is he doing? He is confessing his love to me. I'm gonna pass out.
" Cheyenne..." He went down to one knee in front of me.
" Will you please spend the rest of my life by my side....will you marry me?"

OH. MY. GOD. He just asked me to marry him........