Chpt. 4

Jungkook

After waking up and getting ready, I head downstairs and see Yoongi and Everly sitting at the table eating breakfast, "Good morning, guys." "Morning Kook, we have a couple of meetings this morning, are you ready for them", Yoongi says. "Yea but I wont be there this afternoon, I have to interview new Nurses for Ev", I remind him. "Ah all my children in one room finally", my father says coming into the dining room. 

"Yoongi, Jungkook we are having a family dinner this Saturday, I expect you and your fiancés to be in attendance, I expect Everly to have a nurse in place by then to keep an eye on her, make sure they know its a formal dinner so that they can dress appropriately", he says sitting down and pouring himself coffee.

I picture Seokjin dressed to the nines in a suit and tie, "Jungkook, Jungkook". "Huh, yea", I say embarrassed. "Are you day dreaming", my father scolds. "Ah no sorry, was just making sure I had everything I needed for this mornings meeting", I say finishing up my breakfast. Yoongi and I leave for the office, all thru the morning meeting I thought of Seokjin, I need to stop because it will never happen between us, no matter how attracted I am to him. Around lunchtime I tell Min-Ji that I am leaving to conduct the interviews with Everly, when I arrive at the house she is dressed in a white shirt and a kilt, I try not to laugh as I sit down next to her. "Are you ready", I ask her. "Aye Brotha", she says.

After the last applicant finally leaves, we were right back where we started, she didn't like any of them, which gives me hope that she will like Seokjin. "Ev, I have one more nurse I want you to meet, remember we are going to his house for dinner", I say. "Aye, I remember we put it in my planner, 6 o'clock", she says. "That's right. I am going to shower and change, then we can go." She nods and goes to find Susan.

Seokjin

"Oh Ben you made it how are you", I ask him. "I'm well Seokjin, how are you this beautiful night", he says with a beautiful British accent. Ben is a nurse I used to work with at the clinic where I started, he is on the spectrum also, but he is very high functioning and is an amazing nurse. "Ben, I invited you to dinner because I need your help, I have people coming over and one of them is on the spectrum, I was hoping you could make her feel more at ease, I am interviewing to become her live in nurse", I explain. "I can help you mate, besides your nosh is the best around so it's a win win for us both", he says.

When I hear the door bell my heart races, he's here, "Ben you can have a seat in the living room while I get the door", I check myself over before opening the door. "Jungkook", I breathe. His smile knocks me off my feet, "good evening Seokjin, this is Everly, thank you for inviting us." "Hello Everly, I'm Seokjin, it's very nice to meet you, please come in, dinner is almost ready, there is someone I'd love for you to meet.", I say excitedly.

Jungkook

I am breathless around Seokjin, he is so beautiful and anyone would be lucky to be his, I want to be his but what do I do about my father. "Jungkook, Everly I would like you to meet one of my very good friends Ben, Ben this is Everly, the lady who is interviewing me to be her nurse and her brother Jungkook", Seokjin says. "Ello, it's a pleasure to meet you both, you are in for a true treat, Seokjin really knows  his way round a kitchen hob", he says excitedly, "Everly would you like to watch some telly with me while we wait for supper." "I would love too", she says.

I follow Seokjin into the kitchen, "is he really British or is he like Ev", I ask. "He's really British and is on the spectrum too, he is also a nurse, we used to work together at the hospital", he says. "I thought maybe having someone here she could talk to would make her more comfortable", He says stirring dinner. "That smells amazing Seokjin, I can't wait to eat", I say excitedly. He laughs, touching my shoulder as he passes me to grab the bowls, the heat of his hand shoots through me and I stiffen, "Jin." "Hmmm", he says grabbing napkins and silverware, I stop him and hold his hands till he looks at me.

He sets the things he's holding down on the counter and turns to look at me with worry in his eyes, "are you okay, what's wrong." I look at him and I can't help but to smile, "I really like you, Seokjin, and I want to get to know you, but my father is very homophobic." "Oh Jungkook, I'm so sorry", he says, holding my hand. "He will make it very difficult for us to be together, he's very close minded, even blaming Everly for her disability", I explain. "Ever since my mom died he has become cold and heartless, I can tell you like me too but I don't think we can ever be anything", I say watching the tears form in his eyes as he turns and walks out.

As we sit at the table eating dinner I tell Everly to ask Jin some questions about being her nurse, "I don't need to ask him anything Brotha, Ben told me already that Seokjin is the best nurse ever and that he will come visit me at the house once Seokjin moves in. I look at Jin, "I guess you are hired." "Thank you, Everly, we will have so much fun", Jin says smiling but it doesn't reach his eyes.

We stay and have dessert and coffee but I notice Everly getting tired, we say our goodbyes to Seokjin and Ben, telling him that I would see him in the morning at my fathers house. He nods but doesnt look me in the eyes. For the first time in my life I have a broken heart and its all my fault because I am to chicken shit to stand up to my father.

On the drive home I almost wreck the car because in the 3 years that my sister has spoken with an Irish accent, she spoke to me as my big sister, "I heard what you told Seokjin and personally I think you are an idiot, he adores you and the way you look at him I know you feel the same, Jungkook if you allow our father to run your life you will always regret it, the company is not worth losing your true love, he wont take me from you, and you can always make money, is all that worth giving Seokjin up." "Ev I am speechless, I dont even know what to say right now, how did you", I try to say but she cuts me off. "I'm autistic, not blind little brother", she says, "Gobshite." She calls me, and I laugh, "there is the Ev I know and love."