𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

╔ ——————————————— ╗

                              "My mind turns your life into folklore
                          I can't dare to dream about you anymore"

                                ╚ ——————————————— ╝

THE SKY wound itself into knots of fogged glass - the city scented in fragments of strange earthen petrichor and the cold , stale air that signaled the onset of fresh snowfall. Footsteps stained the sinless sheath of snow that veiled the cobblestones to bemired mush. Inns and buildings tilted like dark , unspeakable shadows , white satin stitched over their rooftops and the roads underneath them binding against the crooked maze in the likeness of a thread against a tapestry. 

Her socks clad feet rested against a ledge , warming in front of the hearth - a knitted blanket sprawled on her lap. Her lips parched , burned under the heat of the flames - a coppery taste numbing her tongue from where she had bit down her lip too hard - her fingers cold to the bone that she occasionally slipped underneath her jumper to warm. Her aflame brown eyes scanned the wording of the letter in front of her , one that she had written as a resignation from her post at Hogwarts.

The ring of the doorbell alerted her , bronze hair glinting as she swiftly dropped the letter and made her way to the door - expecting Narcissa who had promised her a visit that evening. The winds thudded against the thin panes , a shiver crawling up her spine slowly.

Opening the door with a sprightly smile , Amaya's irises dimmed at the sight of the sheepish boy standing ahead of her on her doorstep.

"James ?", She asked incredulously. "What are you doing here ?"

"Well , for one it's freezing", He expressed , shifting from foot to foot. "Can I come in ?"

Nodding slowly , almost hesitantly , Amaya parted to give way to James - who entered , a ruby dust powdering his nose and she could not tell whether from embarrassment or from something else. Hanging his coat by the door , James and Amaya stood in an awkward silence - the latter not meeting his eyes while the boy fidgeted with the sleeve of his sweater.

"Tea ?", Amaya offered , crossing her arms over her chest and stepping away to place a rather distance between them. James noticed that it was something she did often when she was not in the mood for talking.

"Yeah , sure."

With that offer made to him , Amaya was thankful she could have a moment to sort her thoughts out. In all honesty , her mind was in a ruckus - an abandoned battle field still reeking with the odour of chaos , the traces of devastation evident on her memories. Directing him to her living room , she slipped into the kitchen , elbows leaning against the sharp of the marble counter - the water simmering above the blue flames as she lost herself into a meaningless reverie. What should she tell him ? Should she tell him about the fact that she would be out of the country in less than another month ? She had put that off for long , afterall.