𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

╔ ——————————————— ╗

                           " But lately colours seem so bright ,

                                and the stars light up the night."

                               ╚ ——————————————— ╝

                               [  11th December , 1976 ]

"Liberacorpus !" , Amaya yelled , flicking her dragon heartstring wand as a familiar Slytherin boy with greasy black hair dropped to the floor , limbs scrambling to get up before reaching for his wand that had been thrown a feet away from where he was being levitated.

"Ah , Shafiq , good to see you stoop so low", James retorted with a grin , suppressing the inner turmoil of emotions he was reeling with upon seeing her. He watched as Snape's hand tightened around his wand , standing a few paces away from James.

"I would say that it was good to see you too , but I don't lie", Amaya retorted - a burning glare lighting her irises , after swallowing the compulsion to turn and walk away from the scene. It was difficult to face him , yes , but she wouldn't allow him to walk over another person for no obsolete reason.

"Snape , are you alright ?", Amaya questioned , fixing her tie as she directed her chestnut eyes towards the Slytherin boy , who only nodded as a way of thanks. Coming from him , that was quite enough.

"Improve your defense magic", She called after him , as he swiftly disappeared down the hallways. Amaya was turning around to go as well , before she heard James affirm strongly ,"He called Lily a mudblood."

Whirling around , she arched an eyebrow - strings of sunlight traipsing through her raven tresses. "If Lily was sane enough to not chase after Snape , when she was the victim of the slur - who are you to do this ?"

"Standing up for friends , Shafiq. Just as you did right now , although your choice of company is horrible - I must add. Besides , calling slurs isn't exactly something which is tolerated here , as far as I know", James sneered in her direction. And as much as Amaya would have loved to hex Snape's arse for insulting someone - she only brushed it away. It was time she started being a little selfish. 

Shrugging it off , the Slytherin stated with nonchalance ,"Then it sounds like a personal problem ,  love."

"I would have you know that several Gryffindors have been jinxed by your housemates - such morals you have. Although , it doesn't come as a surprise - you know - a house of cowards is what you all are", James challenged - drawing nearer with a mocking smile. The accusations he hurled at her despite knowing that it was not her fault did mess with his conscience - but what he spouted was the truth. Except all he ever had to say about the wearers of green and silver were venomous words.