“Oh oh… I forgot.”

“What kind of waterweeds are picked? The grasses are only found on Chongming Mountain, and they are all grown on cliffs. How can they be picked so well.” Brother Wang shook his head and walked away.

Xia Yi stood still for a moment, closed the courtyard door and returned to the house.

At night, Xia Yi kept listening to the outside sounds with her ears upright. As long as the sound of footsteps came from outside the yard, he immediately sat up and carefully caught every movement, but the sound of footsteps gradually faded away.

“It’s dangerous to hear them picking the grass, I shouldn’t have to avoid the water grass.” Xia Yi buried her head on the bed, regret and worry in her heart.

“I don’t want any grass anymore, I just want Brother Chau to go home safely.”

It was dawn, and the gate of the courtyard had never been opened, and Gu Wenzhu still did not come back.

Xia Yi was listlessly cooking for herself, and then sat on a chair in the courtyard and waited for Gu Wenzhu. Before I knew it, I fell asleep, and when I woke up, the courtyard door was closed, and I was the only one at home.

The sun slanted west, and he stood on the road at the entrance of the village and looked into the distance. Standing until dark, Dew quietly climbed onto his trouser legs, still did not wait for Gu Wenzhu.

Brother Zhu, please come back quickly, I don’t want that sheltered grass.

Xia Yi regretted her death in her heart.

……

It was late at night, and Gu Wenzhu and Dazhu were walking on the way home. This time the three of them picked four grasses in total, and Gu Wen took one one by one, leaving the remaining three to the other two to sell for cents. Da Zhu’s leg was injured and he limped while walking. Gu Wenzhu was not much better, his back was all scratched.

But despite the hard work, it was worth picking for Xia Yi anyway.

The three of them talked and hobbled to the entrance of the village. Everyone in the village has already fallen asleep, and the whole village fell into silence, and only one dog bark was heard occasionally.

Suddenly, a figure rushed out of the big rock in front and ran straight in this direction. The three of them stopped and ran closer to others. Gu Wen looked through the torch to see that it was Xia Yi.

Xia Yi ran in front of them and stopped, fixedly looking at Gu Wenzhu. After looking at him up and down, he suddenly plunged into his arms, clasped his waist tightly, and started to tremble.

Xia Yi was cold all over, and she didn’t know how long she waited at the entrance of the village, her clothes were moisturized by the dew in the night. Gu Wenzhu’s chest undulated violently, and his Adam’s apple rolled up and down.

Slowly, he also raised his arm around Xia Yi, circling it in his arms neither light nor heavy.

After winking at Gu Wen, the two Dazhu talked and laughed and left.

Regardless of whether there are other people around, Xia Yi kept holding Gu Wen in her arms, choked up in her mouth, “I don’t want to avoid the water and weeds, I only want you.”

“Brother Zhu, don’t worry about me anymore, I don’t want anything, as long as you are enough.”

Because of the scratches on his back, Gu Wen started to burn that night.