Three | No Longer Alone

⚠️ violence, mentions of blood, gunshot wound, murder, mentions of trafficking/smuggling, minor character deaths, we meet seokjin & his mate, some brief medical stuff, mentions of grief, smut in next chapter 🤪

⚠️
violence, mentions of blood, gunshot wound, murder, mentions of trafficking/smuggling, minor character deaths, we meet seokjin & his mate, some brief medical stuff, mentions of grief, smut in next chapter 🤪

The blood loss from your gunshot wound slowed you down. You felt weak and tired from running all morning and night. The pain on your shoulder was almost too painful to bear, but you couldn't stop. As a wolf, your body temperature always ran hot, but this was different. You were sweating profusely, and you were shivering. It didn't help that it was also raining heavily. You had to shift back into your human form to try and clean the wound, but the bullet was still lodged in your shoulder, and the injury kept bleeding.

It felt like the forest was spinning, but you knew it was because of the gunshot. You were sure it was infected, and the pain was getting worse. After taking a sip of water, you shifted into your wolf, but even that was difficult for you. You didn't even make it to three steps before you dropped to the ground, chest heaving and whining in pain.

"Hey! Are you alright?" A voice called from behind you. You tried getting up, terrified of the stranger, but you collapsed again. Did the guards follow you after all? All you could do was raise your head, and even that was difficult to accomplish. Your eyes landed on the man standing near a tree, his dark silhouette almost blending in with the night until he moved forward, the light from the moon shining on his features. "I promise I won't hurt you. I just want to help." He raised his arms, revealing to you he had no weapons, and then kneeled so you wouldn't feel threatened.

"Can I come closer?" At first, you growled, which amused him. Watching you on the ground injured with hardly any strength left in you and your small size growling at him—he found it endearing. But then you whined, letting him know it was safe to get closer. The man slowly moved towards you, taking in everything about you. It was nighttime, but the clearing where you lay had no trees covering the light of the moon, and he could see the beautiful color of your coat—a reddish-brown—covered mostly in mud and your blood. Your icy-grey omega eyes landed on his dark brown ones, and the man felt like the wind got knocked out of him. If you weren't so out of it, you would've felt it too. Instead, you felt peace. Finally, after everything, you felt safe.

The last thing you heard before drifting off and involuntarily shifting into your human form was the worried voice of the stranger, "You don't have to worry about anything ever again. I'll keep you safe from now on."

"