Chapter 4: What We Do for Power.

Fortune and misfortune travel together. In a situation, there cannot only be one and not the other.

It's been three days since the Showdown Trio. The heroes themselves had some misfortune, having lost the Golden Tiger Claws. Not only that, Qrow Branwen, a member of Team STRQ, was severely injured in the showdown for the Golden Tiger Claws.

Fortunately, Tai, Glynda, and Dojo were able to save his life and get him to a hospital.

[Vale: Eclipse Medical Tower]

Qrow lay in his bed. His condition was stable, but he was still unconscious. By his bedside were his nieces, Ruby and Yang. They were immediately told about the incident by their father and given the day off by the Beacon Headmaster to visit him.

Not wanting to tell them about the Shen Gong Wu, Tai told his daughters a half-truth, that this was the result of a mission where Qrow was injured by an unknown criminal.

Ruby was in tears, seeing her mentor/uncle like this. Yang was consoling her sister at this time, trying her best to hold back the tears, seeing her uncle like this.

"When I get my hands on who did this," Yang growled.

In due time, they would find out who did this to Qrow...

...And speaking of the perpetrator.

[Land of Darkness: Evernight Castle]

In his usual disguise and armed with the Golden Tiger Claw in his left hand, Jaune was found in Salem's study. At that moment, he stood in front of the desk, looking at the crystal ball placed there.

"1500 years ago. Wuya used part of her power to create a crystal ball for Salem. With it, she could find Shen Gong Wu without being near Wuya," Jaune thought.

He grabs it and admires the mystical treasure.

"Sure helped cover more ground."

He put the crystal ball in the pouch secured by his waist. Suddenly, Jaune's eyes widened underneath his mask. He quickly ducks, avoiding a blast of multi-colored energy that shoots from the doors and hits the wall. Soon, the doors open, revealing the matron of Grimm, herself.

 Soon, the doors open, revealing the matron of Grimm, herself

(A/N: I do not own this image or RWBY.)

She walked into the room and noticed the crystal ball was gone from her desk. She looks back at Jaune.

"So. You're Wuya's new servant," Salem said.

"I prefer the term student," Jaune responded.

Salem smiled.

"Very well. If you are seeking knowledge," She said, as lightning gathered in her hands.

"Then, let me teach you a lesson!"

She shot bursts of lighting at Jaune. However, he formed a board of aura in front of him, that takes the attack. He shoots the board out at Salem, but it stops right in front of Salem. In seconds, the board quickly extends and surrounds Salem until it has her trapped in a rectangular cuboid.