Chapter 1: Dancing with Bandits!

A deer was shown grazing in the forest. Suddenly, an arrow struck it in the head and knocked the creature to the ground. Soon, a hooded Jaune steps out of the bushes, holding a bow. He steps forward to the buck, seeing his lifeless corpse. In his eyes, Wuya was shown, smiling.

"Well done, Jaune," She said in his head.

Jaune nodded at the praise. He then proceeded to pick up the buck with ease and made his way out of the area. In time, he came across a large wooden wheelbarrow, where he dumped the buck. Grabbing the handles of the wheelbarrow, Jaune wheeled away the buck to sell it in Shion village.

It's been a month since he joined Wuya. During that time, he grew taller, and with her workout regimen, he became more muscular and learned of his semblance. Not only that, she taught Jaune martial arts techniques, aura arts, tactics, and magic. This benefited both sides. Wuya wanted a warrior who could go toe-to-toe with Ozpin and Salem's forces, while Jaune wanted to gain the power to deal with those who tried to oppose him.

While their way of thinking was somewhat different, they had an amicable relationship befitting a student and teacher. Wuya was impressed with Jaune's growth as a warrior. While he still needed more work on his weapon skills, his aura arts and footwork were excellent. Then, there was Jaune. He was grateful for the training and did not question many of the words of wisdom Wuya gave him. In time, their partnership would bear disastrous fruit for their foes.

As Jaune wheeled the buck, he communicated with Wuya.

"So. How long before these Shen Gong Wu reveal themselves?"

"Hard to say. Could be next month...Or next year."

Wuya wasn't lying. When she was freed 1500 years ago, the Shen Gong Wu didn't reveal themselves for a whole year. However, Jaune wasn't in a hurry. This just meant more time for him to train, thereby increasing his chances of survival and victory.

Half an hour went by until Jaune saw the lanterns of the entrance gates to Shion Village. Once inside, he made his way to the butcher shop. Upon seeing Jaune, one of the merchants recognized him.

"Well, if it ain't our regular supplier," He said jokingly.

Jaune said nothing only pointing at the buck.

The merchant sighed, getting the message. He took the buck off the wheelbarrow and put it on a weighing scale. The arrow shook around before stopping on a number: 110 lbs. After that, the merchant handed Jaune 660Ł.

"6 Lien for each pound," The merchant said, earning a nod from Jaune.

Without any words, he took the money and walked away from the shop. For a month, Jaune has been giving a buck or doe to the butcher shop for hundreds of lien. This was his way of surviving and thriving while in hiding. No one in the village questioned his actions. Given how he kept to himself, didn't cause trouble, and sold hunted deer, the villagers thought Jaune was more akin to a nomad or drifter.

*GRUMBLE!*

Jaune gripped his stomach, feeling the hunger. He walked further into the village until he came across a noodle shop.

 He walked further into the village until he came across a noodle shop