Tommy Shelby x Reader - 'Again' Pt2 - REQUESTED

As promised, the second part!!

———————

You managed to get back to your fathers car. Choosing to wait there seemed a better option than returning inside to find him. If he was going to hurt you, it wouldn't matter where you were anyway.

You focused on relaxing your breathing. You couldn't let him find out that you'd spoken with Tommy. That would put you both at risk. More so than before. He wouldn't have taken kindly to Tommy interrupting his meeting with Kimber. Luckily, your father wasn't much longer. He walked towards you, a smile on his face as you played with your fingers and stared at the ground.

'Well, despite the little mix up, looks like you finally done something right girl' he spits. You don't respond, awaiting a hand or fist. Instead, he continues.

'Kimber agreed to use our lads, you stayed away from trouble and Tommy will be getting what's coming to him shortly. That's all worked out for the better now hasn't it' he sighs, clapping his hands and opening the door of the car. Your panic sets in. Does he know? Did he see? Are you next?

Millions of questions race through your mind as your father begins the journey home. He doesn't speak to you, choosing to speak to his right hand man who had travelled with you. You stare out of the window, fear creeping in as you go through the outcomes that your father could have meant.

'What the f.....' your fathers voice causes you to finally look ahead and you see the road ahead is closed off, multiple planks of wood scattering the road and blocking entry to the bridge. Men are stood on either side of the road, dressed in black, all wearing caps. Peaky Blinder caps. Your breathe hitches in your throat once more and your father brings the car to a stop, reaching for his gun and opening the door before stepping out.

You stay in the car, gathering your dress between your fingers and watching the men before you. Your father calls your name suddenly.

'Y/N, here now' his voice grows louder when he calls again and you shakily step out of the car. Before you can process what is happening, your father grabs your upper arm and yanks you in front of him, holding the gun in his hand...to your head. Your eyes widen and for the third time today, you make eye contact with Tommy, surrounded by his men and cigarette hanging from his lips. He looks calm. Alright for some.

Your father forces you to walk forward with him and you whimper when the gun is pushed to your head harder. That's when everything suddenly blurs. Men lunging at each other and shouting. A blunt force comes to your head from behind and everything suddenly goes black. The last thing you can hear is your father shooting his gun.

—————

It's dark and quiet. Wherever you are, you can't hear anything. Taking a moment to enjoy the peace, you try not to open your eyes. Once you do, the blurry vision and pounding in your head hit all at once. You gasp and lift your hand to shield your eyes from the bright light above you. The memory of a gun to your head floods your brain and your breathing becomes uneven, panic setting in.

'Y/N, it's okay, you're safe, it's okay' a woman soothes you from the side of where you lay and your panic grows, your hands moving to your throat, fingers scratching as you try to catch a single breath. Clicking of heels are heard next to you and a door opens. But you can't hear what the woman says, or anything else for that matter, as your eyes screw shut and you gasp, tears flowing down your cheeks.

That's when Tommy walks in. He strides to the side of the bed and takes your hands from your throat, holding them in his own. Panic is clear in his eyes too, but his voice remains soothing.

'It's okay Y/N, you're safe. I'm here now and you're safe, I promise' he utters the words you need to hear and you feel the panicking ease slightly. Still breathing heavy and crying, he holds both your hands in one of his, his now free hand move to your hair, and he begins to run his fingers through the long strands, just like he used to. He keeps eye contact with you, continuing to whisper sweet nothings to you as he finally notices you returning to normal. Your tears dry as his words seep into your being and you manage to finally take a deep breath, your hands falling limp in his and releasing the white knuckled grip you had on them.