Village of Shadows

Start from the beginning

"STAY BACK MONSTERS!" A man's voice broke out followed by a shotgun blast.

She could hear the other villagers all began to scream in terror one by one all going silent after mere seconds. The blasts from the shotgun stopped after the third shot rang out.

"Mother Miranda save me..." The woman prayed to herself.

She opened her eyes to see the Lycan was nowhere to be seen. She hesitantly looks around until her vision grew dark. The makeshift axe blade embedded her skull. Her body was dragged furiously across the floor scraping her cheeks. The Lycan dragged her body out of the home letting out a cry to the others then ripping off the skin from her body.

One by one each Lycan hunted the survivors ransacking their homes and killing them without mercy. The cries and blood were heard and flowed across the snowy village. Each person that was even close to a form of sanctuary was killed in a manner of moments without mercy. The bodies were ripped apart in unimaginable ways ranging from their bones to their organs. With each feasted kill the snow became a small pool of red across the square. Some were fed alive, others were fortunate to die faster to avoid witnessing the fate of their bodies, but some were able to make it to safety to a house in the fields. The house that protected many families for generations and will continue to do so.

The earth shook as a Gargantuan lycan with a massive bundle of hair let out a roar that shook the Lycans. He wielded a hammer that could devastate an elephant's body with one blow and had dark rimmed eyes across his wrinkled face. Lycans around cheered and soon brought out spears to impale bodies. The bodies that weren't feasted upon were dragged back to whence they came for unspeakable reasons. No one that went in ever came out.

"Hmmfh." A girl watching the killings vomited seeing a pregnant woman's belly was ripped apart tearing into her womb and feasting upon the fetus. The clothes stained in crimson blood. "Bluuurrghh. *cough*."

She coughed out the rest and wiped her lip with her sleeve. Her father quickly checked the boarded windows and firmly gripped his machete.

"Elena we can't stay here!" He whispered in a harsh tone. "We need to leave sooner than later."

"Where could we go?! They're everywhere! I can still hear their screams we should go help them-"

Her father put his hand over her lips and looked around in a panic. Nothing was heard, but the cries of another villager being dragged out the home next to them. Had they been a little louder they too would've been found and carved to bits.

"We need to leave. Do you understand?" Her father whispered looking at her.

She nodded and he let go of her mouth to notion her along. She followed as he pried open a hatch leading under the house to a small space.

A pleased Miranda ravished as if she could hear the cries of terror from those that worshipped her. Their uses had finally ran out and she grew rather bored stringing them along portraying her as a goddess for them to beg for forgiveness. Her experiments were already completed, her family had enough bodies to last more of their lifetimes, and she surely didn't need more Lycan's to look after considering her only goal was reuniting with her daughter. She let out a deep breath and her maniacal laughter echoed through her altar. Her wings spread open leaving traces of black feathers strewn onto the stone floor. Her body vanished from the sight leaving a feather resting upon the altar in front of the picture of the little girl.

Later that night the Lycan's frantically climbed up a pillar of bodies to feast. Their teeth eagerly tore into the victims flesh and their tongues lapped up their blood. Two Lycan's below were fighting over a head with a horrified expression across it's face. The sound of snapping was heard as the jaw tore itself off leaving the two Lycans eating their share. Heisenberg watched somewhat pleased and disgusted.

"Look at them. Animals..." He said lighting a cigarette. "Well at least they get the job done. Time for that god awful family meeting with those other freaks."

He turned around and let out a cloud of smoke. The sounds of his footsteps and ripped apart flesh was all that was there in that dark lonely hall.

Heisenberg sat down on a stand in the church observing the other 3 members. Moreau shuffled his body struggling to breathe in the process. Heisenberg scoffed to himself at him and shook his head. Donna was quiet looking around under her shawl. Her doll Angie was acting as lively as it could be trying to wave to him.

"It's about time hahaha you're late!" The doll playfully spoke.

Moreau chuckled loudly hearing this causing Heisenberg to sit up.

"Hehehe...hehe..he-"

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

They both went silent immediately leaving Alcina to roll her eyes.

"So what exactly is the plan for us now huh?" Heisenberg spoke. "With all these people dead and all it's not like we can get a resupply anymore for ourselves. What's the point of this!?"

"Are you questioning Mother's decision?" Alcina glared.

"Indeed I am." He set his hands on his knees. "Don't you find deep within that high and mighty mind of yours you think that this is by far a terrible decision?"

"It is sudden, but by no means is it anything to be concerned about. Know your place child." Alcina smirked. "For I, for one believe in Mother Miranda."

"Tch, idiots." He spat angrily.

The masked woman appeared before the center area looking around at her "children". Her pleased expression was visible behind the mask.

"I have concluded this decision entirely on the subjects worth, Heisenberg. They simply have no uses for us and we clearly no longer desire nor need them interfering in our affairs now right?" Her voice was calm, but dark.

"I suppose." He shrugged. "But why do this now is my question?"

"Where will I get my playmates now?" Angie shook her arms frantically.

"This is for the benefit of us all worry not." Miranda stared at Donna making her quiver. "Although some of you may have concerns or questions I unfortunately have business elsewhere I must conclude."

Just like that she faded away leaving Alcina to purse her lips and Heisenberg to curl his hands into fists.

"Fucking waste of time is what this was." He stood up and left quickly. "If you're gonna call for us then make it worth our while!"

Moreau looked to Heisenberg and back to the others before going his separate way. Donna remained seated, but underneath her shawl she remained scared from when her eyes locked with Miranda. An ominous dark aura surrounded her when their eyes met. It was a feeling she knew all too well. Alcina noticed the light quivers, but said nothing. Angie hopped off Donna's lap and ran up to Alcina's side.

"Do you wanna become my new playmate?" Angie lightly tugged her dress.

"Unfortunately I also have business. Do take care now both of you." She turned around to leave with a disgusted expression.

Donna was the last one to leave, but a light sniffle was heard under her shawl.

"Aw what's wrong? No one wants to be around the dark and gruesome doll lady?" Angie said in almost a mocking tone. "Not like anyone would anyway. That's why you have me. Forever."

Donna said nothing and only lowered her head opening her arms to call Angie back. The doll hurried over to her and plopped onto her lap. Donna carried the doll and turned to leave the forsaken church. The snow began to fall even harder outside now burying the evidence of all of the blood within the cold desolate village. Chunks of fingers and torn limbs were soon enveloped in the snow. It was as if there wasn't any trace of death to be found.