To your future son

jaeayjae

pre-chapter warnings: this is the longest oneshot I've ever written yet with 11.9k words (in MS word), and I haven't proofread this so expect grammatical errors. this is to compensate for the last oneshot I wrote, so prepare yourself for a long-ass fluff. Enjoy~

\\\

Kids.

It's seemed to be quite the significant topic considering how often it pops up in the Kim couple's life, first was when they announced their engagement. They decided to live the moment, take in the bliss for a few hours before Minjeong had to get up early for work (yes, they celebrated with some engagement sex), and that's the time Jimin calls her parents.

Her parents, both ecstatic to hear from their daughter so soon, but also quite busy since it's nearing rush hours at the moment considering how her mom is at the kitchen and her dad is the one conversing with her.

"it's been so long, Yuji!" her dad chimes, his hand not being steady when holding the camera and he's not that used to the technology so all Jimin could see for now is a shaky and choppy montage of her dad's wrinkled forehead as well as some grey strands that peeked out of his dark locks.

"dad, we saw each other last week" Jimin could only laugh as she tries so hard to keep her comments about his forehead concealed, he's obviously a little out of it since it's 8 in the morning so teasing would probably be stored for later. Now, all Jimin could think about is how Minjeong pulled off an engagement where they were both just casually watching movies until they started talking about their relationship.

Next thing she knows, Minjeong reaches over Jimin to open the drawer, rummaging a little before revealing a small velvet box containing the ring that's been sitting snug on her ring finger for a few hours now. And she's absolutely in love with it.

She still can't get over how — after making love — when they were in the comforts of each other's arms, Minjeong revealed how she had an extravagant plan on how she would propose but the timing felt right when they talked, and she was lucky that she didn't put in the money for that plan.

Because Jimin would still say yes regardless of where or how she proposes.

"ooh~ look at that lovely smile" her dad even dares to point out, making her throw her head back in laughter.

"that's about Minjeong, isn't it?" his tone doesn't make it less funny as Jimin's laughter increased in volume, warning his dad in chuckles about it, only because it reminds her of the wonderful time she and Minjeong had last night. The remnants of what transpired prior to this was the hickey she concealed with a sweater, as well as the aching of her thighs.

"aigoo, to be young and in love indeed"

"dad!" Jimin cackles.

"alright, what is it? Why'd you call? You never really call unless it's an emergency or whatnot" now they're getting somewhere. Jimin smiles as she recalls just how impeccable last night was when Minjeong had proposed, it was amazing because both of them were cuddling, fingers laced together, hearts beating in sync as they talked about being in love and how lucky they are to be in the position that they were.

Jimin can't get over it.

It might not be extravagant or at a memorable place like how others would plan to propose, but to Jimin, being in her fiancée's arms while talking about what went on that had them where they were was already perfect.

"so, mom, and dad... I want to tell you that-" she paused before raising her left hand to reveal the silver band on her ring finger, with a euphoric grin on her face.