Your name

YOUR NAME

I never really expected my hectic mid semestral year to be spent at the pier at New Year's Eve. It was reasonably populated with college students who wants to burn off with some booze and food stands while they leave the procrastinated research in a pile of papers they're gonna have to return to once the sun sheds its light, I was one of those students.

Here I was, I don't really like spending time around parties with a lot of people. I was sure that I came here with someone, if I did then I'm probably farther from a normal state of thinking than I think, either that or Yizhuo just decided to have her own fun. She's a wild one anyway.

I lay my arms onto the railing with the cold sea breeze blowing past me, it's obviously chilly tonight but the company of alcohol in my system had at least given me some warmth for the young night. Hours ago, I was buried in a lot of papers with a lot of pressure under my nose for the upcoming research that we have to pass, but Yizhuo had busted into the room and she probably gave me a speech about having fun and finding someone to kiss for new year.

Most probably.

The pier definitely looked even more lively than it does in the daylight, for sure this would be infested with disgusting trash in the morning after a crazy night of partying here. The music had died down a little though, from those bass boosted EDM's to mellow jazz for the couples wanting to take their chances for this year, and now it's just some lo-fi for the younger people wanting to dance their hearts out whilst remaining gentle for those who had burned the night off.

Like how I am right now, I didn't really find anything special with new year hence why I remained locked in the comforts of my dorm room doing research so I can at least be productive in my free time. I won't really say I'm the studious type, I'm just trying to pass to at least get a grade. Honestly, if I don't start my research early, I'll end up being the majority of the students who succumb to procrastination as their last resort.

The alcohol is taking a hit on me right now, my vision is a little funny for me to register things correctly. I'm not like Yizhuo who parties hard and drinks a lot while maintaining an intellectually stable state, I stay behind the people who have fun and just drink while I wander around with my camera to let my imaginations run wild.

Boring, I know. To have a best friend and a roommate like Yizhuo is the only reason why I even have a little life instilled in me.

It's her way of getting me out of my comfort zone.

"you need more fun in your introverted ass self, man" is what she usually told me, and I just follow along. I want to live a life that would be fulfilling anyway, a life where I would have some fun while remaining focused. A well-thought and balanced life, basically.

A sudden weight that thrashed on my back woke me out of my trance, my vision a little clearer and my head still feeling light. Wanting to curse at this person for invading my space, until a soft 'oh my' invaded my senses. The person taps on my back, possibly to remove dirt or things I don't really know.

I twisted my torso to the side to get a glimpse of this newcomer that have gotten to the unfortunate side of things as I'm about to reprimand them, instead I see flushed cheeks with lightly hooded eyes, ah, an obvious sign of intoxication I see.

"sorry ab-bout... that" she hiccups mid-sentence and sheepishly giggles at the end, her voice raspy and soft. She stumbles to the space beside me, honestly, she was way too close for my comfort but I didn't want to be rude to snap at her and ruin her night. And besides, she's pretty.

But she's also drunk.

"gotta be careful next time, some people won't pass up the opportunity to have a pretty lady knock on their back" I expected a shrill gasp and a slap for that suggestive and rude statement, but she chuckles and waves her hand, leaning onto my arm as she stares off into the distance.