Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"You think we need you?" Ross laughed again, YN's fingernails pressing deeply into her palms. "You're a tag along. We only agreed to this meeting for those two." Bucky and Sam looked at each other quickly before fixing a glare on the salt and pepper haired man. "You aren't special, YN. And you are in no position to be giving out ultimatums."

YN grit her teeth, turning a cold glare on the old man. "It's funny, you think Sam is going to agree to this now? You think Bucky will? Or your precious Captain?" YN laughed loudly, getting to her feet, not failing to notice the armed men reach for their weapons. The other two men smirked, also getting to their feet. "It's kind of an all or none deal here, boss. So, I'll say it again. Steve is free, or we are going to have a big problem."

"YN." Tony warned, pushing his chair back and standing to his full height.

"Don't even, Tony." YN gritted out, not taking her eyes off of the Secretary. "I thought we were getting somewhere. How could you agree to this?"

Tony cleared his throat, slowly approaching the woman who was becoming increasingly more on edge. "I didn't agree, he just wouldn't take no for an answer." YN looked into Tony's brown eyes, searching for an ounce of a lie. Not spotting anything to say otherwise, YN nodded, turning her attention back to Ross.

"Well? What's your play?" Sam glared at the older man, cocking his head with folded arms.

"We will ensure Captain Rogers' crimes are cleaned up as well." Ross resigned, rolling his eyes to a shut. "Now sit down." YN didn't move for a moment, flicking her eyes between Ross' before sighing and sitting back down, finally able to begin the meeting.

"Before we make our move, I want to see Steve." YN demanded an hour later, as they exited the conference room, the demand making Ross sigh heavily.

"I will have a car collect you." He noticed her glare and grunted. "Collect the three of you." YN sent Ross a condescending smile, blinking her eyes innocently.

--------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, YN was pushing open a door silently, entering into the hospital room and closing it just as quietly. She looked over to the sleeping blonde, his hair falling down into his eyes and his chin showing the effects of not having a good shave for a week or so.

YN smiled, sitting down in the arm chair on Steve's right. Taking in his current state, YN could tell that the serum had accelerated his healing process, however, he still had an arm in a cast and bruising covering half of his face.

As she was casting her eyes down his handsome facial features, she caught sight of two blue irises staring directly at her. "YN." He breathed, trying to sit up slightly.

"Hey, be careful." YN whispered, moving closer to the man on the bed. "How are you feeling?" She whispered, resting a hand on the bed.

Steve grabbed it, squeezing it in his own. "Better now." YN smiled, shaking her head with a blush. "What about you? Are you okay?" YN nodded, not saying much else. "How are you even here? I could have sworn I saw you getting arrested." YN chuckled, shaking her head.

"Don't worry about that. Just worry about yourself." YN choked out, gritting her teeth harshly.

"What about Rumlow? Did they get him?" Steve continued, not catching the mood change.

"Steve, just... God, seeing you..." YN cut herself off, shaking her head again. "Having to watch you die..." YN swallowed, closing her eyes.

"Hey, you brought me back. You saved my life, YN." YN sucked her lip into her mouth, trying with all her being not to break in front of the captain. "It's okay, I'm here." YN nodded, looking away to regain her composure. "Thank you, by the way. Natasha told me what happened, that they'd stopped. That I was gone for over ten minutes and they were calling it but you wouldn't give up. If it weren't for you..." Steve broke off, hearing the young woman choke out a sob. "Hey, come on. Look at me, I'm fine."