Chapter Five

YN was resting on a bed, her eyes scanning the room for any clue as to where she was. Sitting up, she touched her cheek, feeling stitches sticking out of her cheek and her forehead. She groaned, rolling her neck to try and release the kink that settled there.

"Hey, look who's awake." She heard, her head snapping forward to catch sight of Sam walking into the room, a tall man following behind him slowly. "How are you feeling, beautiful?"

YN still couldn't believe how little Sam had changed in the two years they hadn't seen each other. His eyes were just as she remembered, big and brown and caring. She took in all of his features, the only real difference being his arms were bigger, the muscle having grown and his shoulders were wider.

"See something you like?" He joked, watching YN take in his appearance.

"You look good." She whispered, diverting her eyes to her intertwined hands.

"Thanks, YN and you look like shit." YN let out a surprised chuckle, grimacing at the pain in her ribs as her chest rattled. "Hey, take it easy. You have some pretty tender bruising on your ribs. What happened?"

YN sighed, closing her eyes briefly, not noticing a certain blonde enter the room behind Sam and the other man. "I was on my way to the payphone when I noticed I was being tailed. I drove in a circle to confirm it, you know the basics. Basically, he hit me and totaled my car. On the road I got the upper hand, he must have pulled the trigger and got my cheek." She laughed, touching her cheek again gently. "He wouldn't say where he was from so..." YN shrugged, the other occupants of the room putting two and two together.

"We will have someone take a look at the scene." The strange man behind Sam said, authority noticeable in the way he spoke.

"Oh, YN this is King T'Challa." YN's eyes widened, looking around the room again. "We are in Wakanda."

"Uh, it's a pleasure to meet you, your majesty." She said nervously, picking at the skin on her fingers.

"Please, T'Challa is just fine." YN nodded, looking around once more and noticing the blonde man. Her features narrowed as they locked eyes. "We have set up a room for you, close to Sam, where you can stay for as long as you require." YN nodded her thanks, watching as the King left the room.

"So this is where you've been the last few weeks?" YN asked, receiving a nod in return. "What happened?" Sam told her the story of how the Avengers were split down the middle and why, going over what the Accords meant, and what signing them meant for their freedom and future. "So, Steve said no and you just ran after him like a good little puppy?" YN said, glaring at the man in the corner, who had yet to speak.

"No, YN. I agreed with him." YN rolled her eyes.

"So you went on the run, went against one hundred and seventeen countries? Instead of just hanging up the wings and letting this whole thing go?" Sam sighed, trying not to get angry.

"You know why I can't just stop, baby." He whispered, making YN's throat clog.

"You know I had to go through two anniversaries, two birthdays by myself. My mom didn't call, you didn't call. I was alone. I visited his gravesite alone. While you went and played superhero with your new best friend." Sam flinched, making YN regret her words slightly.

"I went through them too, YN." YN shook her head.

"Yeah, but you weren't alone." She whispered, laying back in her bed.

"YN-"

"Can you leave me alone for a bit. I need a rest." Sam nodded sadly, looking at Steve with a defeated look. Steve nodded to him, watching him leave the room as tears built in his eyes. Steve stood there for a few more moments, watching YN's shoulders shake. "I said I wanted to be alone." YN muttered, wiping tears from her eyes.