Chapter Eleven

**Y'all better love me. And hate me because this chappy is ROUGH

Steve felt someone shift beside him, awaking him from the slumber he didn't mean to fall into. Someone groaned beside him, the groan actually sounding more like a moan. Steve blushed, remembering where he was. He shuffled over, trying to put some space between himself at the still sleeping woman.

"...smell so good..." YN muttered, pushing her face against Steve's side as he tried to move away. "Quit moving." She added, huffing under her breath.

"YN, I've got to get up." YN heaved another sigh, her eyes cracking open. Steve prepared himself for a shocked expression, or even an angry one. What he didn't expect was a soft smile to grace YN's features, the corners of her eyes crinkling with the movement.

"That was the best sleep I've had in weeks." YN whispered, biting her lip.

"Ditto." Steve replied, a smile lighting up his own face. "How are you feeling now?"

"Uh-" Before she could answer, her stomach gurgled making Steve raise an eyebrow. "Hungry." She finally answered, a bashful smile on her face.

"I'll go and get you some food." YN nodded, removing herself from Steve's arms.

"Eggs and bacon please." She grinned, letting Steve get up and out of her hospital bed.

"YN," Steve chuckled, checking his watch. "It's four in the afternoon." YN shrugged, Steve rolling his eyes in return. "Eggs and bacon coming right up." He said as he left the room. As the door to her right shut as Steve exited, a door to her left opened and T'Challa walked in, a refreshing smile on his mouth.

"You seem in better spirits this morning, love." He said, walking to grab YN's hand. The woman nodded, smiling at the king.

"A bit of sleep will do that for you." T'Challa shook his head, making YN frown.

"A bit of sleep next to someone you love will do that for you." YN's eyes widened comically, her mouth popping open.

"Love? Who? Steve? No way." She scoffed, waving a hand in front of her face.

T'Challa raised his eyebrows, squeezing YN's hand. "What do you feel when you're with me?" YN bit her lip, anxiety crawling up her neck at the question. "Be honest."

"Safe." YN whispered, trying to find the right words without hurting the king's feelings.

"YN, do you feel... excitement? Thrill? Does your heart accelerate and your skin tingle?" YN looked down in shame. "Hey," T'Challa said, bringing YN's head up with his finger. "That's fine. It's okay to not feel like that for me." YN shook her head.

"I've never felt like that for anyone. I told you that's why Sam and I broke up, but I didn't tell you that's why I've never gotten far in relationships. At the start it's big smiles and bushed cheeks but it just drops off. I think I'm broken." YN muttered, closing her eyes.

"Not broken, just unfound." YN frowned again, opening her eyes to stare into big brown ones. "You haven't found the right person yet. One that won't let those feelings slip away. Or maybe you have, but have yet to explore it completely." YN sighed, gripping T'Challa's hand.

"I really wanted it to be you, I wanted it to work with you." T'Challa nodded, leaning down to YN's level.

"You will find your person, YN. I'm sorry I couldn't be him for you." YN smiled as T'Challa leant down, placing a soft kiss on her lips. T'Challa stepped back just as Steve entered, a tray of food in his hands.