Chapter Seventeen

**This is a filler, so sorry it's shit lmao

YN was sitting on her bed that evening, pushing around some rice on her plate as she listened to the T.V. They were waiting for Sam to return to devise a strategy for the next few days. YN sighed, disposing of her plate and bringing her legs up, grabbing her ankles and resting her chin on her knees.

Natasha was on the other bed, whistling a tune and tapping her foot as she flipped through a magazine. The red head was really only using the magazine to stop her from staring at YN, curiosity gnawing at her insides. She was about to speak up when they both heard the door in the other room open, hushed voices drifting through the ajar separating door.

"Hey guys, we're back." YN stilled, clamping her mouth shut and nodded. Getting up to follow Natasha from the room. Her eyes immediately zeroed in on Sam, who was looking at anything except for her. YN shut her eyes, head dropping in defeat.

"Okay, we got a ping on the database that vehicles have been in and out of this HYDRA building since we stopped moving. We assume that they are moving out now that we're close." Everyone nodded, YN leaning back against the wall, biting her sleeve as it covered her fingers. "We need to move in, preferably soon. YN, how's your stab wound?" Natasha asked, looking toward the distracted woman.

"YN?" Steve whispered, nudging her from where he stood next to her.

"Uh, sorry." She blinked, moving her gaze from Sam to Natasha. "What was that?" After Natasha repeated the question, YN shrugged. "It's fine."

"They aren't at the warehouse anymore?" Sam asked, the first thing he'd said since he had entered the room.

"We aren't sure, it's possible that they were, but the government sent in a flock of agents yesterday and found it abandoned. In a hurry too." YN frowned at the same time Sam did.

"So, they're running?" They asked together, YN looking up into shocked brown eyes. YN opened her mouth to speak yet Sam looked away, asking Natasha another question. YN looked down, a lump forming in her throat. Steve sighed, leaning close to YN to make sure his arm resting against hers, the smaller woman looking up gratefully.

"How long until we have to make a move?" YN finally asked, squaring her shoulders.

"By the looks of it, the building will be cleared out by morning at this rate. Rumlow has been spotted there twice." YN nodded, stretching out her side.

"Okay, let's gear up." She said, smiling through the ache in her side.

"Uh, no. She's still hurt." Sam said, still not looking back to YN.

"So now you're talking to me? Or at least about me?" YN raised an eyebrow, dragging her eyes over Sam's defensive posture.

"Don't start, YN." Sam groaned, rubbing a hand over his face. "I'm mad at you, but I don't want you to get hurt."

"Sam, please. You hate me, it's obvious." Sam rolled his eyes, clenching his jaw.

"YN, maybe give it a rest." Bucky said, shaking his head. YN closed her eyes, trying to reign in her anger. Clenching her fist, she took a deep breath.

"Sorry." She whispered, glancing sideways to Steve who smiled proudly. Looking back over to where Sam stood, YN saw his eyes widen, shock evident in his expression. "I'm sorry, Sam. You have a right to be upset and I was being cruel." Sam nodded slowly, apprehensive about YN's quick mood change.

"So, you aren't going to tear me a new one?" Sam whispered, not fully believing it. YN nodded, maintaining her steady breathing.

"No, but I'm also not listening to you, because I'm going on this mission. Try and stop me." She gave a sinister smile, turning on her heel and entering her own room. Natasha entered a few moments after her, not making any comment about the way YN was struggling to peel on her tactile suit.