Chapter 4- Grocery Shopping

*Miles POV*

"Do you think Sam likes me?" My best friend asks me as he's putting two more plates on the barbell.

I lay back down and get ready for my next set, "How the fuck should I know, I see you talk more to Riley then her best friend"

He snickers, "Is someone jealous" He walks behind me getting ready to spot me on my chest press.

I scoff "No. But Sam might be" I smirk

"Hey! I'm not being nice to Riley because I want Sam to be jealous" he admits "She seemed like a nice girl and Mia really likes her. They're her friends which makes them our friend idiota"  He smacks my arm.

"Yeah, yeah I know." I start my set and instead of focusing on my workout Riley slipped into my mind.

She is what I think about all the time since Saturday night. I don't know what drove me to grab her hips the way that I did, or help Sam get her to bed. Last week I missed class to help my dad at work and it made me hate missing school knowing I had only one period with her.

At first I thought I just wanted to fuck her. Truth be told I'm not a relationship guy they aren't really important to me. When I heard Mia invited her to my birthday party at D's I changed my mind into going. I originally didn't want to go. I wanted to stay in and relax because I've been working so much.

After working out we headed up stairs to my dads office because he needed to talk about something.

I knock on his door and he says come in.

"Hey dad what's up?" I ask sitting in his chair in front of his desk

"Hi son, how was school?" He ask tilting his laptop screen down

"Good I guess" I say "what do you need?"

"I need you to run some errands for me for the day"

"Okay what errands?"

"Mr. Tony is late on some payments and I need you to straighten him up" he says standing up fixing his suit jacket.

"Okay" I say standing up as well

"Don't be late for dinner, your mom is already in a bad mood. Also, I need you to run by the store and pick up some stuff for your her. I'll send you a list once you leave"

"Kay. Why is she in a bad mood" I asked

"Something with your aunt I think" he says sitting back down in frustration

"Well at least your not in the dog house dad" I say with a smirk

"Ha yea your right son" he says and I walk out the door

"So where are we going?" D follows me up to the basement again. Only this time we aren't going to the gym we are going to the weapons room.

"Mr. Tony, he's late on a payment" I say, entering the passcode to the volt

"Of fucking course he is" he pick out a gun while I pick my gun and load it.

"Honestly we need to cut him loose, he's a shit worker, why did your dad ever hire him anyways he doesn't know how to do his job?"

"Who fucking knows, but I can't tell him that he needs to cut him loose, you know that" I close the volt and we head back upstairs.

45 minutes later we pull up to Tony's house and before I open my door I open the glove box and pull out my gun and stick it in the back of my pants, and walk out.

As we walked up to his house I noticed lights turning off. He knew what was coming.

I knock on his door, just to give him a chance to stop digging himself into a deeper hole.