𝚈

point Y: there's nothing as precious as the youth within.

*the night of homecoming*

"And you say you're just friends..." Braden huffed as he stood in briannas bedroom doorway with his arms folded. She shot him an annoyed glare through her mirror, "just because we're going to hoco together, doesn't mean we're dating" she huffed. Braden nodded, "you keep telling yourself that" he shrugged then left her alone to finish up getting ready. She rolled her eyes and put her earrings in before straightening out her dress, "Bri! Arch is here!" Hailey yelled from the bottom of the stairs. Brianna smiled and grabbed her jacket before checking herself in the mirror one last time.

"Aww" hailey smiled after taking a picture of Brianna and Archie together. Archie had a red tie on since briannas dress was red, they looked super cute. Jay sighed, "no getting too close with each other" he warned them with a hint of humour in his tone. Brianna slapped his arm before he could embarrass them anymore as the pair made their way out of the day, "let's go before he says anything else" she laughed. Archie laughed too before they hopped in his moms car. "They're totally dating" Braden stood in between his parents and watched as the car drove away. Hailey smiled, "leave them alone" she shook her head and walked back into the house.

                  I love homecoming, everything about it makes me feel happy.  The way people dress up to dance in a hall, the way we all go over the top for a week.  The parades, the games, the dance, the dates.  It's so cute.

                     Brianna looked up as Archie and dean came strolling over to herself and Lucy, "we're not doing this" Lucy laughed.  Archie shrugged and practically dragged Brianna onto the dance floor, she smiled as YMCA came on, this hall reminds her off the time she put the wig on... "you've done this before" he smirked.  She slapped his arm but laughed as the pair started dancing, are they sure they're just friends...?

At the end of the night it was time to crown the king and queen, "I'm so bored" Archie yawned. Brianna smiled, "I just want the pizza" she nodded to the table with the left over pizza slices on. "...Archie!" The older boy on the stage called out. He shot his head up in confusion, "oh my god, this is hilarious" Brianna nudged his arm for him to get on the stage. Archie groaned but quickly grabbed the crown, only for him to be forced to stay on the stage. Brianna was laughing as she stood next to Lucy and dean, he couldn't possibly hate this anymore. She wasn't really listening until she heard her name being called out, "no..." she shook her head, but before she knew it she was being pushed onto the stage and unwillingly accepted the tiara, "this isn't happening" she groaned. But Archie was now laughing as the roles were reversed.

I don't mind my picture being taken, but when I'm stood next to Archie who can't stop laughing every time I open my mouth, it's an impossible task. It's safe to say our pictures were a fail. We were laughing in every single one...

"My mom can drop you off" Archie threw his plastic crown into the back of the trunk, "are you sure?" Brianna smiled weakly. He nodded obviously and held the door open for her, "Awh, how sweet" she slapped his arm and climbed in. He laughed before hopping into the backseat after her. They began driving towards briannas house and before they knew it, she was home. "I'll send you all the pictures I find, not that they're any decent though" he huffed as the pair got out of the car. She smiled and nodded, "I'll see you at school next week, yeah?" He added. She smiled and nodded, "yeah" the pair froze, simply just smiling at each other before she felt jay staring holes through her back. "I better go" she laughed. Archie smiled and watched as she walked toward her house. Just friends...