𝙲

point C:  it takes courage to grow up, and become who you really are.

"Uh, dad? You in here?" Brianna knocked on bradens bedroom door, "just a sec, bri..." jay sighed from the other side of the door, he sounded stressed. She took that as her sign to leave it be and decided wait downstairs for the school run instead. After about 5 minutes, Braden came running down the stairs with puffy eyes, giving her a pretty good guess that he'd been crying. Jay and hailey also plodded downstairs and followed him into the living room, "please Braden, just calm down and relax, it's not as bad as to think..." hailey sighed. Jay sat in front of his feet and took his hands in his own, "it'll be over before you know it" he sighed.

Brianna really needed to tell at least one of her parents something, but she didn't know when was a good time, "um, dad..." she cleared her throat again as she leant in the kitchen doorway. Jay sighed and looked up, "Brianna... please honey, just give us a minute..." he looked up at her with an annoyed glare. She nodded and walked away, ugh, she hates mornings like this, it's like she doesn't exist but she knows Braden needs the attention more than she does.  She wanted to tell her parents that she has a track and field meet today, but she knew they wouldn't be able to come, so she doesn't know why she even tries, she just wants them to know.  But like she said, Braden needs the care.

Days like these ones make me realise how much I really miss the old days; don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change what I have now, but sometimes I wish I could forget everything else in the world and spend some alone time with my parents again. Before Braden was born, I used to spend every weekend at the park with my mom and dad, but now, well, I can't even remember the last long conversation I had with them. They're amazing and I adore my parents, but I just want them back...

"Have fun!" Will called out as Brianna hopped out of his car. Today he was doing briannas school run since hailey was taking Braden to the hospital and jay was working a case, "you too!" Brianna waved him off sarcastically with a small smile. Will smiled back and drove away as Brianna turned around to walk into school, ugh, school... Fortunately, she passed her piano exam with a high distinction, which means she now already has an A* in media for the rest of the year. It was a hard exam, but she proved that working at something for a long time eventually gets you what you want.

The track and field meet started at 12:45pm, and it ended at 2:45pm which gave the children time to get changed and be ready for home time. It was a good sports day to say the least; Brianna won her 110m high hurdles race, her 4x400m relay, her long jump, her triple jump and her shot put. She also done the smaller team relay races but they got second in those events. So it was an overall good meet.  She clutched her school bag and began walking out of the school gates, ignoring the ignorant comments on her way out.  She began walking home on her own, like usual.  No one wants to be friends with the girl who has an unusual brother, and even though Brianna thinks her brother is unique, other kids don't.

She strolled through the front door to see an empty house, once again like usual, so she wandered into the living room and sat down to complete her homework.

I do my homework as soon as I get home, in all honesty, I don't have any time to once Braden gets home from homeschooling. He goes to a woman's house for school, it's only himself and the lady, so it's comfortable for him. But when he gets home all hell breaks loose, all we wants to do is spend time with his big sister, aka me, which means playing video games in his room, talking about planets and dressing up as avengers...

At around 7pm, both jay and hailey walked through the front door with Braden running straight into briannas arms on the couch, "hey, you..." Brianna laughed as he clung onto her neck, "hi" he smiled and sat down next to her. Brianna smiled and reached over to the coffee table where she picked up a sheet of art paper and turned it over, she had drawn him another picture for him to add to his already humongous collection. He gasped at the sight of it, "oh my god! Dad look!" He held it up. Jay walked over and smiled, "pretty snazzy buddy" he smiled. Brianna smiled weakly as she looked up at her dad, "thank you" he mouthed before walking over to hailey. She let out a small laugh and ruffed bradens hair up.

                 Later that night, at around 8:45pm, jay and hailey were sat on the end of bradens bed

                 Later that night, at around 8:45pm, jay and hailey were sat on the end of bradens bed.  Brianna walked past his room and smiled to herself, she likes seeing them happy, especially Brady.

               It's nice seeing them smiling rather than frowning, but I will admit, I'm a little jealous of the attention Braden gets...

                She sat down at her desk and began doing her skin care routine, she couldn't be bothered with a face mask tonight so she skipped that step, and instead just gave her face a good wash.  She could hear bradens giggles from down the hall which made her smile.

                  "Hey, how comes you didn't tell us you had a track meet today?" Jay leant in the doorway of her room whilst hailey kept Braden entertained in his room, his hand still gives him pain sometimes and today was one of those awkward days...  Brianna swivelled on her chair so she was facing him, "I was gonna tell you this morning but you were busy. It doesn't matter, really..." she shrugged with a small smile. 

                 I mean, it would've been nice to see my mom and dad in the crowd today, but I don't mind...

                  "Sorry Bri, things are a little busy at the minute. Anyways, how did you do?" He smiled sadly.  She smiled back, "I won my own events, then the team relays got second. Our team won overall though" she nodded.  Jay smiled proudly, "well done honey, I'm proud of you. Not just for your school work and sports, but for being so patient too. Not many kids your age would understand our situation, but you do, so thank you. It makes everything a lot easier" he nodded.  She smiled back and nodded too, "how was school?" He added.  She smiled back, "it was good, really good actually" she nodded. 

               That was a lie, it was horrible.  Some kid called me a freakshow today, so, that's that I guess...

                "Well I'm glad about that. Right, it's getting late so when you're ready for bed just head out. Not too late though. Night babes, I love you" he smiled and grabbed her door handle.  She smiled back, "love you too" she sighed as he closed the door.  That was the longest conversation she's had with him in weeks, sure she understands that Braden takes up a lot of their time, but she wants to have some alone time with just the two of them.  She was about to turn back around when the door opened again, "hey, you..." hailey smiled and walked into her room. Brianna smiled, "hi" she yawned. The blonde detective sat down on her daughters bed and held Ed arm out, Brianna smiled and got up before diving into the hug.

"How did your exam go?" Hailey rubbed briannas arm, "good, I got a distinction star" Brianna smiled to herself. Hailey smiled as the all too familiar proud feeling washed over her, "you do us proud every day, you know that right?" She planted a kiss onto her daughters hair. Brianna smiled, "Mmhmm" she hummed, "and your track event, I'm sorry we didn't get chance to be there" hailey sighed. "Don't worry about it, you guys had work" Brianna brushed it off. "There's always next time..." Brianna added through a yawn after a moment of silence. Hailey smiled, "never change baby, never change..." she nodded proudly. "I think it's time for bed" the blond yawned after the pair had cuddled for a few minutes, "night mom..." Brianna smiled weakly. "Night honey, I love you" she nodded at her daughter. "Love you too" Brianna rolled over onto her side.