𝙶

point G: the struggle ends when the gratitude begins.

*two weeks later*

                 I'm so screwed, not just hypothetically, I'm quite literally screwed.  My parents are going to kill me, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.  I mean, I brought it upon myself by throwing hands at a girl in my class, but... She asked for it and quite frankly, I'm not sorry for doing it.  But I'm sure I will be extremely sorry when I'm grounded...

                 "I'm sorry to bring you all out of work for this, but it's a serious matter, and unfortunately I can't let it slide. Today, after lunch to be exact, Brianna and Lucy did get into a physical altercation. Which means, I am going to have to place you both in detention for a week" the principal sighed.  Brianna could feel her dads grip tightening on the back of her chair, she sighed but nodded, "have you got anything to say to each other?" The principal added.  Brianna shook her head ever so slightly but when she felt jay nudge her shoulder she sighed, "sorry lucy" she looked over at her classmate, "I'm sorry too" Lucy sighed.  Neither of them meant it, but they didn't care, they just wanted out of here.

                "Get in the car" hailey huffed.  Brianna sighed and climbed into the backseat, she could already feel the awkwardness which was about to come.  "Fighting? Really? And you started it?" Jay raised his voice.  Brianna sighed, "Lucy said something first..." she tried to reason, but they weren't having it, "Brianna! How many times have we told you about things like this? No matter what anyone says, you do not get violent. It solves nothing!" Hailey laughed in disbelief.  Brianna could feel her tears threatening to spill, "it was about Brady!" She desperately interrupted them both.  Jay and hailey fell silent as Briannas quiet sniffles could be heard in the background, "Lucy called Braden a waste of space, so I decked her in the jaw" she wiped her tears away whilst her parents stayed silent.

                  "Bri..." jay sighed and shook his head, "no dad, I wasn't gonna sit there and let her say things like that. So you can ground me, take my phone or kick me out of the house for all I care, I'm just not sorry" she shrugged and sat back before folding her arms moodily.  Hailey let out a small yet genuine laugh at their daughters exaggeration, "god, Brianna we're not gonna kick you out of the house, just calm down and take a few deep breaths. We'll talk about this later" jay sighed calmly.  Brianna wiped her tears away and fastened her seatbelt.  She stayed quiet as jay and hailey talked about random things in the front of the car almost as if she wasn't there.

               I didn't mean to have a small tantrum like that, but like I said, I'm just not sorry.  But they don't seem mad anymore... maybe I'm not in trouble?

Okay okay... I take it back, they're still mad, but not as much as i expected them to be. It's been 3 hours since they had to pick me up from school, and now they were picking Braden up from school, usually I would walk home with him but I kind of got myself excluded for the day. So here I am sat in the district break room, I'm pretty sure my dad even tried to get voight to sort me out, but Voight loves me so it didn't work.  My dads acting like I start fights on a daily basis, but let me tell you now, this is my first fight and I intend on it being the last...

"So kiddo, have your parents laid off you yet?" Hank walked into the break room given that his detectives were busy doing paperwork. Brianna sighed, "my mom has, but my dads still pretty mad. I don't blame him though" she laughed slightly. Hank sighed, "hey I get it kid, you know, your dad used to fight all of the time when someone said something to him. So if you get it from anyone you get it from him" he sat down. She smiled and laughed slightly, "whatcha doing?" He nodded to her homework.  She smiled and nodded, "my English homework. We have to research careers in literacy, so I picked the gang units, well policing really" she shrugged.  Hank smiled, "I used to work in a gang unit, I can help if you'd like" he nodded. 

                 "Really?" She smiled.  Hank nodded, "oh yeah, there was a new gang with a new problem every day" he smiled.  Brianna smiled back, "I'd love your help" she nodded.  He smiled back before scooting closer and reading over what she had so far.

"So, are you still mad at me?" Brianna sighed as jay placed a bottle of water on her bed side table, it was bed time and he hadn't really said much to her all day. He sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed, "I'm not mad Bri, just a little disappointed. I get that she made you mad and you didn't necessarily like what she said, but that doesn't give you a reason to be aggressive. You should've walked away and ignored her" he shook his head. She looked down at her lap and nodded, "I'm sorry" she fiddled with her socks. He smiled and cupped the side of her head, "it's okay, you just had a bad day that's all. But don't let it happen again" he smiled weakly. She nodded and handed him her phone, "it doesn't matter, I think a weeks worth of detention is enough" he nodded back. She smiled weakly before sighing, ugh detention...