𝙸

point I: don't be ashamed of your story, it will inspire others.

The next morning was chaotic, braden was in another strop about going to school, and Brianna was left to get herself ready once again, only this time their parents were trying to ignore Braden.  Today's the schools fair so both the middle school and high school were mixing together, even the parents were allowed to come, so of course jay and Hailey had taken an hour or so off work to be with their kids.  There's going to be art, music, street food, and much more, it happens every year for some bizarre reason.

At around 12:35pm, jay and hailey located their kids in the schools gymnasium, they wandered over to them to see both kids laughing away. They also noticed that some kids and some parents were staring at bradens hand which made them mad, but they couldn't confront them, not here.

At one end of the hall was a pop up stage with a make shift DJ booth on, and all around the sides were stalls containing different things like food, drink, arts and craft... Brianna smiled and looked up at her mom, "you hungry?" Hailey smiled, Brianna shook her head, "not really" she shrugged. She smiled and nodded, "I am" Braden looked up at them all, "you would be" jay laughed and lead him over to the food stalls. Hailey smiled and turned to face Brianna, "so, which is the moody teacher you're always moaning about?" She smiled. Brianna laughed and nodded in the teachers direction.

About 15 minutes later, Braden wandered over to the kids in his class, but he soon came running back over to his family with tears brimming his eyes, "hey, what is it?" Jay crouched down. Braden shook his head and more or less started hyperventilating, so Hailey crouched down too, "Brady..." she rubbed his arm, it was like Braden was having some kind of panic attack. Brianna looked over to see that the kids in his class were laughing and whispering, but since Braden was causing a little bit of a scene most people were all staring at them. So she decided to take matters into her own hands.

She practically ran down the sports hall and up onto the stage before grabbing the nearest clown wig, putting it on and playing a random song on the speaker system, which just so happened to be YMCA. Everyone, including her parents, shot their heads up to see Brianna stood on stage with an uncertain expression on her face as the song sounded throughout the speakers. Jay looked at Hailey, "what on earth is she doing?" He whispered as Braden continued to sob his tiny heart out, it turns out some kids in his class made fun of him again. Hailey shrugged but looked around, "I have no idea, but the attentions on her, so I say we dash while we still can" she sighed. Jay looked around to see that all of the teachers, all of the parents, and all of the kids were now watching Brianna dance around the stage like a complete idiot instead of staring at Braden.

Hailey and jay took Braden out of the sports hall without anyone even blinking an eye, all thanks to Brianna who was dancing on the stage, she wasn't taking it serious of course, she was just messing around, but she took the attention away from Braden and that's all that matters.

I am so dead. Everyone is going to make fun of me in school from now on, I just know it. But hey, as long as people aren't giving Braden dirty looks anymore. There's a few girls from my class staring at me like I've just grown six heads, but there's a lot of other kids doing the YMCA with me, I didn't expect them to join in. Most of the adults were smiling and cheering me on, and the teachers expect nothing less from me...

Luckily, the song ended fairly quickly, and Brianna jumped off the stage before throwing the clown wig onto a nearby table and making her way down the sports hall again. She couldn't see her parents anywhere so she just assumed that they'd took her diversion as a chance to get out and calm Braden down. She looked around at the people surrounding her who were looking at her with a mix of expressions, some were smiling, others were disgusted, but Brianna didn't care. She left the hall and instantly saw her parents sat on a bench with Braden.

She slowly approached them as her parents looked up at her, hailey held her arm out so Brianna sat herself down on her knee and smiled down at Braden, "are you not embarrassed after doing that?" The kid sniffled. Brianna shook her head, "nope" she shrugged. Jay shot hailey a small yet proud smile, they really have taught this kid well. Braden furrowed his brows, "but everyone was watching you? That's embarrassing..." he folded his arms. Brianna looked up, "it's only embarrassing if you let it be embarrassing, besides, their opinions aren't my responsibility" she felt her mom rub her thumb over her hand. Braden looked up at Brianna and smiled, what would they do without her?

               Later that day, after Braden was asleep, both jay and hailey wandered into Briannas room.  Without saying anything, they both flopped down onto her bed on either side of her as Brianna let out a small yet confused laugh, "what're you doing?" She rolled over to look at them.  Hailey smiled, "relaxing" she shrugged.  Jay smiled, "what you watching?" He looked at the TV.  Brianna smiled, "greys anatomy" she looked up at him.  Hailey smiled, "fun" she wrapped her arm around her daughter, jay moved closer to them both so he could wrap his arm around them both and smiled.  Brianna smiled too, she loves nights like these, "you'd make a good party entertainer" jay laughed.  "Especially with that clown wig" hailey smiled.  Brianna laughed and shook her head, maybe the wig was a little embarrassing, "shhhh, that wasn't me..." she shrugged. "I thought you weren't embarrassed" jay laughed. Brianna smiled, "maybe a little" she shrugged it off.