𝙽

point N:  true nobility is being superior to your former self.

*Saturday evening*

"I thought your parents were detectives?" Archie placed his uno cards down to take a drink of his soda. Brianna nodded and picked up a card, "they are, but sometimes they have to testify in court when they get too involved in a case" she looked up at him. He nodded understandably, "makes sense" he yawned. "If they get the news they want at the end of the hearing, they go to mollys for a drink, but if they don't they come home and go straight to bed. That's just how it goes" she added. He smiled and nodded, "sounds tough" he sighed. She smiled weakly, "sometimes is is" she tilted her head. He picked up his uno cards and smiled back, "my turn" she set a card down. He laughed and shook his head as he ran out of options.

"The jury finds the defendant, guilty on three counts of murder" the judge declared. Jay and hailey threw their heads back in relief, but the look the defendant shot both detectives could've burned holes through their skulls. Hailey sighed in happiness, this man shot and killed four kids and their mother, he deserves to rot. She looked over to the opposite side of the court room and met gaze with the defendants father, the father of the boy who jay rightfully shot and killed. The man grit his teeth and gave her the dirties glare, "jay..." she nudged her husbands leg. Jay was already looking at this man, "just ignore him" he sighed. Hailey nodded and slowly looked away from him. But this mans anger was justified to a point, and he was about to explode from emotions. One of his sons is now dead, and the other is facing life in jail...

                    At around 7:05pm, Briannas phone pinged, so she quickly picked it up to see her dads message.
Dad: "we'll be home before 9 Bri, case went well"
Brianna: "good good"

                   Archie saw the small smile on her face, "I take it the hearing went well?" He nodded.  She smiled and nodded, "yeah, they're headed to mollys so they'll be back before nine" she put her phone down.  Archie smiled, "well thats good news" he unpaused the film.  Braden appeared behind them, "can I join?" He sighed.  Archie smiled, "of course" he nodded.  Brianna smiled as her brother sat down in the middle of the couch, "I hate this film" Braden huffed.  Archie laughed, "me too pal, but Brianna insisted that we watch it" he smirked.  Brianna rolled her eyes but smiled, "well I think differently" Braden took the remote control from briannas lap.  She huffed and shook her head as her brother put a new film on, at least they all get along and the day went smoothly...

*short chapter Ik :)*