Chapter 21: Be considerate, Harry.

Start from the beginning

With me.

It felt like hours had passed, but it only took 4 minutes for the sirens of the ambulance to become audible. I heard the sirens wailing, screeching, forcing things out of the truck's way, but I can swear, that the sirens in my own head were worse than any ambulance's.

I saw the red truck speed into the scene where several men and women jumped out and began to run towards Rose and I with a stretcher.

"Is she breathing?" They asked.

"She's breathing." I said.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to hand her over and we'll take everything from here."

Before I could answer the man, I saw police cars park around the scene as well.

"Rose." I spoke as they took her body onto the stretcher.

They began to take her away towards the ambulance truck where the doors were wide open filled with medics.

I turned to one of the paramedics. "I'm going with her."

"I'm sorry we can't allow people who aren't medics on the truck-"

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I spun around. "Son, we're going to have to ask you some questions about the crash, we need witnesses." An officer said.

"That's my girlfriend. I need to go with her!"

"The hospital will do their best to take care of her, all we need is a few minutes."

I put my head in my hands. He wasn't going to let me go, and behind me, I could hear the doors of the ambulance truck slam shut.

I turned between the officer and paramedics, and before I could go chasing after the truck, it gad already started the sirens back up, on it's way to the hospital.

I turned to the officer. "I need to go. Please hurry." I begged, squeezing my hand tight around my keys.

"Ok... what was her name?"

The entire time he asked me countless questions the thought of her not making it screamed at me in my head.

The officer didn't seem to care that I had somewhere to be, people to call.

Someone to be with.

"What's your name, sir?" The officer asked, before I left.

"Harry Styles."

"Alright, Mr. Styles. You can go now. Thank you."

And at that second I was sprinting towards my car, but before I did, I went back to the crash, where Rose's phone was on the pavement, thankfully still in one piece.

Despite the screen was cracked, I still managed to sneak my way towards the scene and snatch the phone.

I couldn't afford the officers thinking she was texting and driving. That was just a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I sprinted to my car, and backed out of the scene.

I unlocked the phone, and dialed her parents. I took a deep breath and prepared myself to deliver the news.

"Rose?!?!" A voice answered. It was her father's.

"No, sir, this is Harry. Rose was-"

"We know." He said. He sounded very afraid, and very concerned for his daughter. But how did he know? Did this time travelling family also go into the future?

"A family friend saw the crash. She called us right away."

In the background, I could hear sobbing. It was her mother. I could tell, because their voices sounded almost the same. The fact that her mother was sobbing, and I could've been the reason why things were so screwed up at the moment. I practically was!

But the fact that her mother crying sounded like Rose's own cries was eating out my heart with guilt.

"I... I don't know where they took her, but she's breathing."

"Is she hurt badly?" Asked her father, sounding too afraid to know.

"She had a head injury and a few scratches."

A few. Not really.

"We'll see you at the hospital, Harry." He said, and the line went dead.

I continued to drive. The line went dead.

Rose was hurt. Badly. Paul was furious that I left LA without permission. Rose's parents probably wanted to choke me. Even kill me if they knew I wasn't the type of guy that they would want their daughter to be with.

I broke Rose's heart, and if it stops beating in the next few ours, it would be my fault.

Rose was a precious human being. She was a fighter, a friend. She had gone through so much, so much for me as to save my life and I give her this in return.

Why couldn't it have been me in the crash?

Why not me? I deserve it after all.

I absolutely hated myself. Completely.

And if it was me, why would she bother saving my life one more time? She didn't have to this time.

And now, I'm stuck in between my thoughts and my actions, leaving me not know what think or do.

If only I could save her life. But I can't.

I'm not a traveler. I'm not a Cameron. I'm nothing but a bad person and an even worse boyfriend who only knows how to sing.

Great.

I kept driving. I pulled over to search up directions to the nearest hospital, and thankfully there were hospitals in Seattle everywhere. But which one did they take her to? And if I did find out, I didn't have the right to go. That would only be selfish.

I needed to fix things. I would never forgive myself if I woke up tomorrow, back in LA, back in my luxurious famous life, without Rose in the world.

In my world.

And suddenly, I got an epiphany.

I could save her life. You didn't technically have to be a Cameron to time travel.

There wasn't a specific DNA type you needed to travel, I know. Mr. Cameron showed my himself.

And, her family was out of the house.

"Be considerate, Harry." I told myself.

Travelling was a risk. And Mr. Cameron made it clear. But if a girl, as clumsy as Rose, saved my life, Sofia's life, and thousands of other lives at the concert a few nights ago, why couldn't I save just one?

I started the car up again, and veered into a U-turn. I took a deep breath and began to head off to the Cameron's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohhhh snap! Can anyone guess what Harry's gonna do?? You'll have to wait and see. ;)

By the way we have an announcement in the next chapter. So make sure you read on!

Hope you liked this chapter. Alex loved writing it. And she is currently working on the next one because she's really in the zone and super excited for the ending ;)

Comment. Vote. Tell us what you think!

See ya next chapter! :D

-Britney