Missed by A second

It spun with rapid speed as it channeled its way to Alice. Sam was too speechless to say anything. He felt dazed as it attacked. It's first movement was actually done to confuse anyone who can see it.

Alice felt movement in front of her. She raised her hand on the last movement as it passed brushing her hair from behind.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Killing lines," Sam replied.

Alice looked all around her. She noticed a flicker of movement in light.

"Joe!" She yelled, "Inside water!"

He dived. A fraction of second later, something else crashed in water. It passed without any resistance. Alice noticed because of some glimmer in water.

Alice and Sam were badly surrounded. As soon as the first line aimed at Joe, thousands more surrounded Alice and Sam.

All of them charged together. Alice and Sam ducked as they passed above them. They aimed again. Alice and Sam ducked again, but this time they didn't noticed two other waiting for them to duck and then to take aim. They struck as soon as Alice and Sam ducked.

As a reflex Alice raised her hand.

These lines were actually over charged electromagnetic beams of light which used the support of humidity and ions from something solid to live. This time, the trio were their targets. But they didn't knew about Alice's genes.

As soon she raised her hand, all the electromagnetic lines focused there, but her hand released her ability. For every time her hand felt light, they collected up in the form of ions. That was the reason why the chief guest was told to avoid shaking hands with her, because she had electrocuted just too many people.

Well, her hand shown with all the concentrated power, which had completely charged because her hand was wet and it was facing the Sun. Then it erupted, releasing seven thousand MV of electricity at once in the form of a ball and discharging the light into nothing.

Sam stared at her in astonishment. "Holy flaming fingers, how the heck did you did that?"

"The electrons collected at my hand somehow. They charged up the light, which attracted ionized ions from the atmosphere. Such a force of electricity was hundred times stronger than lightning." She looked at her hand, amazed.

"But what about Joe?" Sam asked.

"Ever heard of refraction?" Alice asked.

"It will like... be helpful to him?"

"Yes. You see in the most simplest terms, when light changes its medium, it's direction also changes. So Joe will have quite useful time which he can use to get out easily. It is as simple as that."

"Great. So we leave him there. And in water won't it's way be correct? I mean... after the reaction has taken place? So you will let him die in there?"

"Maybe you have forgotten Sam, nothing could happen to Joe under water."

"I wasn't that serious. Do something!"

"Just kidding. Look at the water."

Even though the water wasn't too clean, Sam saw everything below the surface.

The light streak seemed as if it had got tired, though still it was extremely fast. But Joe was swimming between various fishes faster than anything that he had ever seen. He passed through a school of fishes, of which one was chopped at the centre because of the beam. Joe somersaulted and the beam missed him. Then it turned and shot back. But Joe pushed against the sand wall of the shore while the beam went straight in. It never came out again. Joe came up.