chapter twenty eight

TWENTY EIGHT

Jaemin quietly eyed the girl who's talking with Wooyoung

They will send her to Kwon Jisuk's base in a few hours soon and he's dead worried what will happen to her. They can't just straightly followed and attack their base.
They have to wait for Stray Kids too.

"Jaemin?"

He snapped back into reality and turned to the owner of the voice.
Jeno raised his eyebrows and smiled to his best friend. "Taeyong hyung is looking for you"

Jeno averted his attention to Haemin before sighing a little.
"she'll be fine"

Jaemin pressed his lips into thin lines, "that's what everyone said... How are we so sure she'll be fine? If Kwon Hyunsuk is worse, his son would be so much worse- he had been holding grudge with Haemin for a long time, I can't even sleep well thinking about what will happen to her, you don't understand Jeno"

He wanted everything to end quickly but he's scared.

What will happen to Haemin?
What if Kwon Jisuk went overboard?
What if Haemin fail to protect herself?
What if she gets hurt?

What if... this is their last time seeing each other?

"stupid, stop thinking negatively, she'll be fine. She's Kim Haemin" Mark who suddenly came voiced out.
"Jeno and Bora trained her well, she'll be fine- well maybe she'll get hurt a little but still she'll be fine"

Jaemin turned to Haemin who's now sitting alone, swinging her legs calmly.

She's going for a dangerous mission in a few hours but how can she's relax while drinking her coffee?

Jaemin sighed and walked towards the girl.
"princess"

She looked up to him and flashed her sweet smile. "hey" he replied her smile and took a seat next to the girl. "are you okay?" he asked.

Haemin raised her eyebrows before chuckling. "me? I'm okay... I should be the one who's asking you that" she muttered. "don't worry for me too much hm, I'll be okay" she said again before handing her coffee to him.

"coffee?"

Jaemin chuckled and ruffled her hair.
"no thank you, I just want to check you up, I'll go to meet Taeyong" Haemin nodded her head and watched him walked away.

She took a deep breath before placing down her coffee and wept her sweaty palms. She nervously nibbled on her lips before cracking her knuckles.

She's nervous and scared.
She's hella scared of what will she face after this.

She tried to cover all the nervousness by flashing her smile to everyone.
She has to do this. For herself.

"I know you're afraid to become selfish- but just please, just this once think about yourself, not others"

Felix and Changbin are very kind but...
There's nothing she could do to help them. They're wrong.

She lowered her head and sighed heavily.
"this is for yourself Haemin, for you future- you can't trap in the same dark world, you have to escape"

🚬

Jaemin grabbed her wrist and pressed his lips into thin lines.

"what's wrong Jaem?" she asked, looking at other people who one by one exited the room leaving him and her alone together.

He sighed and grabbed both of her shoulders and stared into her beautiful crystal brown orbs. A small smile crept on his face as he chuckled.
"nothing"

Haemin smiled and held his wrist. "I'll wait for you" he nodded his head, "of course, I will save my princess" she grinned and nodded her head.
"then should we go now? They'll be waiting for us" she muttered, was about to walk away.

"uh Haemin?"

She hummed and raised her eyebrows.

He reached and cupped her face in his hands. "I..." His eyes trailed down on her lips, staring at it for a few seconds.

"can I kiss you?"

She froze and blinked multiple times.
Is this how love feels like? butterflies in your stomach, heart beating rapidly, mind empty but him.

She doesn't feel this feeling when she's with Lee Know.
She never feels so safe before. Is Jaemin her true love?

A smile crept on her face.
She nodded her head and Jaemin smiled. He slowly leaned towards the girl. She held her breath when he pressed his lips softly on her lips.

She placed her arms on his perfect waist, bringing him closer towards her, making him deepen the kiss.
The world seems stop as they closed their eyes and melted in the kiss.

Haemin's heart pounded in her chest as her knees got weaker. She could only focus on how soft the kiss is and how addictively he invaded all her senses.

He broke the kiss and rested his forehead on hers as he smiled warmly.
"well that's... a great first kiss"

Haemin smiled shyly and nodded her head, "yeah..."

Jaemin pinched her red cheeks and giggled, "you're so cute" Haemin cleared her throat and back off. "we uh... we have to go, they're waiting" she said before exiting the room leaving Jaemin alone smiling from ear to ear.