Standard Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

Yuya: "Most common way? There are others?"

Reginald: "Yes. Archetypes focused on Fusion Summon usually have their Fusion Spells allowing them to send the Fusion materials from the Deck to the Graveyard, banish them from the graveyard or shuffle back the banished monsters to the Deck and some monsters have the effect of allowing you Fusion summon, most of them using themself."

After I said he nodded in response.

Reginald: "To close the chapter of Fusion Summon, there is also an advance way to Fusion Summon called Contact Fusion."

Everyone seemed interested, especially Sora. Even though he knows what Contact Fusion is he was still surprised that I knew about this.

Reginald: "Monster that has the ability to Contact Fusion doesn't need a Fusion Spell card. All you need to do is to shuffle those monsters from the field back to your Deck or send it to the graveyard or banish them then you summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck."

Then I see that Sora raised his hand.

Reginald: "Yes, Sora?"

Sora: "Did you ever face a Duelist that could use Contact Fusion?"

Reginald: "I had seen a few Duelists that Contact Fusion back in my hometown. But I never faced them."

Sora nodded.

Reginald: "The next is Synchro Summon. To perform Synchro Summon, you need a Tuner Monster and any number of non-tuner monsters and then you Synchro Summon monsters with a Level equal to combined levels of Synchro Summon a Level 7 Synchro Summon and I have a Level 4 tuner monster on my field, I either need one Level 3 monster or one Level 2 and one Level 1 monster or three Level 1 monster that isn't tuner on my field."

They nodded in understanding the basics of Synchro Summon.

Reginald: "Like Fusion Summon, there are two advanced ways to Synchro Summoning like Accel Synchro and Double Tuning. Double Tuning is Synchro Summon when you use two tuner monsters instead of one tuner monster, but if your Synchro Summons specifically requires two tuner monsters to Summon it."

They nodded.

Reginald: "While Accel Synchro is Synchro Summon when you use one Tuner Synchro Monster and at least one non-tuner Synchro monster that also specifically needs those materials."

Sora: "Wait for a second! There are Synchro Tuner monsters?!"

Reginald: "Yes. Synchro Tuner monster usually doesn't have high Atk and Def, but it has a powerful effect to support Accel Synchros. Some Synchro Summon monsters have the ability to Synchro Summon in your opponent's turn."

Then Ayu raised her hand.

Reginald: "Yes, Ayu?"

Ayu: "Did you face Duelists that use those two Synchro Summoning methods?"

Reginald: "I face some of them in a tournament at my hometown."

Ayu nodded satisfied with my answering her question.

Reginald: "Now the last of the three and my favorite type of Summoning Xyz Summon."

At the mention of Xyz Summon, Yuzu began to follow the lesson as Sora looked displeased cause I know that his a Spy from the Fusion Dimension in Academia.

Reginald: "To perform an Xyz Summon, you need to have a certain number of monsters who have the same level on the field depending on how many your Xyz monster requires, then Overlay them to Summon an Xyz monster with a Rank equals to the monster Level used for Xyz materials while those monster turned to Overlay units."