"Hey, it's summer." Ashton states. "You should get a job and save up."

"It'll probably all go to food and shit since my aunt works the night shift and I don't feel like making myself dinner all the time." Luke shrugs.

"That's the Luke I love." Ashton laughs.

January 1, 2016

"Happy New Year, Ashy!" Luke smiles into the phone.

"Happy New Year, Lukey!" Ashton mocks, taking a sip from his apple cider. Ashton was spending his New Years with a couple friends from the soccer team that came home to celebrate for Christmas break. "Did my package ever get to you?"

"Yeah! I got it this morning!" Luke smiles. "I can't believe you remembered that I wanted that album."

"How could I forget? It's only been like a month since you told me." Ashton laughs.

"Is that Luke?" Kyle asks, appearing next to Ashton. "HI, LUKE!"

"HI, KYLE!" Luke laughs, shouting back to him.

Ashton shooes Kyle away. "Yeah, yeah, he says hi, now get out."

"Well I have to piss, so take your phone call to another room!" Kyle laughs.

Ashton scoffs at him and quickly leaves the room once Kyle threatens to just piss in front of him. "So, how are you spending your new year?"

"I just invited a couple friends over and my aunt has some people over because she had off tonight." Luke answers, glancing around at his friends while they played soda pong (because there was adults there and they were underage).

"That sounds like fun." Ashton smiles even though Luke can't see him.

"I want to be with you." Luke states. "Not playing soda pong."

"Soon, babe." Ashton says, hoping soon was actually soon.

July 4, 2017

Luke sat in his aunt's living room facetiming Ashton. Ashton was at fireworks with Harry, Trinity, Lauren, and his mom. His dad had to work late, so he was thankfully allowed to be with his family for one holiday.

His dad still hadn't talked to him since the day he kicked the two lovebirds out of the house.

Ashton was showing Luke all the fireworks, while talking to him through headphones since it was quite loud. Luke enjoyed watching the fireworks - even if they were through a phone - because he was still watching them with Ashton.

"I think this is the finale." Ashton says, but Luke doesn't care.

"Can I see you instead? I'm sure the finale is great, but I want to see your face." Luke whines.

Ashton giggles, facing the phone towards himself. "There, are you happy?"

"Very." Luke smiles wide. He could see the fireworks lighting up Ashton's face in all different colours, so he was still seeing the fireworks while looking at his firework. "I love you, Ash."

Ashton smiles a crooked smile, blowing Luke a kiss. "I love you too, Luke."

"I love you more!" Lauren shouts from beside Ashton.

June 21, 2018

"I now present to you," the dean of the school speaks as we all stand up. "The class of twenty-eighteen."

Everyone takes off their caps and throws them. Everyone except Luke. Luke immediately rushes off to find his mom and Aunt Hannah. He hadn't spotted her in the audience because there were so many families attending the graduation ceremony.

Luke was so happy. He was finally a college graduate. He finally got to go back to New Jersey. He finally got to go back to Ashton.

Luke texts his mom and tells her and his aunt to meet him by the library so that they could find each other easier. When he found them he hugged his mom, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Okay, let's go home." Luke says quickly after hugging his aunt.

"Wait a minute!" Mom smiles. "I want to take a picture of you and Aunt Hannah together."

Luke whines, but smiles for a picture with his aunt. "Okay, let's g-"

"Aw! It came out so good! You have to look!" Mom smiles, shoving the phone in my face.

Luke smiled at the photo, but a figure standing behind his aunt and him caused him to frown. He quickly looked in the direction of were his mom took the photo his heart dropped.

"Ashton!" He screams, rushing towards the boy. Ashton's already crying as he hugs the younger boy and of course Liz captures the moment on her phone.

"Hi." Ashton laughs through his tears.

Luke responds by grabbing the older boy's face and kissing him. Ashton immediately kisses back and when they finally pulls away. "Don't you ever leave me again."

"Never." Ashton sniffles, wiping away his own and Luke's happy tears. "I am so happy I never took good care of Harry." Ashton laughs.

"Why?" Luke questions.

Ashton smiles, kissing Luke again. "I would've never fallen in love with the babysitter."