Welcome home

⚠️CONTENT/TRIGGER WARNING: Mentioning of abuse; yelling⚠️
————————————————————————
Amity's Pov:
„AMITY BLIGHT!", I flinch at the sound of mom yelling at me. I sigh and put down my school work to make my way downstairs into the living room. I don't even know why she's yelling at me again, I did well on all my tests and my magic has been improving a lot, I can even make really big abominations now and mom and dad want me to be the abomination coven head one day so I work even harder everyday, but I still don't seem to be the perfect daughter. I enter the living room and stare at the ground. „There you are.", Odalia says. I don't like calling her my mom because she hasn't been friendly to me. „Sorry, mother. What is it?", I ask while trying to sound as nice as possible. „I heard that filthy human is coming back today..." Luz? Is she really coming back? „I want you to stay away from her. Don't talk to her and don't even look at her. Do you understand?" „Yes, mom." „Good. I don't want you to be seen with that misshapen excuse of a witch, she's ruining the Blight reputation. You are dismissed." I nod and make my way back to my room. Great. Luz is coming back and I'm not even allowed to see her. And on top of that the new semester at school starts tomorrow and she will probably be there. I wanna talk to her so badly, but no. Odalia is ruining my life once again. It's not like she already made Ed and Em run away and I'm the only one left. I let out a sigh and continue to focus on my school work since my so called mother will beat me up if I don't finish it and get an A+ on everything.

Luz' Pov:
„I'm so excited! Is it really okey if I go back to study more magic? I don't wanna leave you alone again mamí...", I say as I stand in front of the portal which will bring me back to the Boiling Isles. „I'll be okey without you cariño and besides: You're gonna visit me every weekend, won't you?", I hear my mom say. „Si, mamá!" I smile and slowly open the portal door before giving my mom a tight hug. „Eda will take care of me and I'm sure I'm gonna be able to reunite with Gus, Willow and Amity!" Amity..I wonder how she's been. It's been a while and I kinda left without confessing my feelings for her...What if she has a boyfriend or doesn't wanna see me again? What if she doesn't like me back? What if- The sound of my mom speaking up is tearing me away from my thoughts. „Are you ready?" I nod and take a deep breath before entering the portal. I look around and scan the area around me: I'm in the woods next to the owl house. The trees are a bright red and orange, leaves are falling and the air is colder than usual. That feels weird because the Boiling Isles don't have weather. But it IS fall here as well so I guess they do have seasons. I smile at the sight of all this, I really like fall and it makes me happy to see that it's a thing here as well. A couple minutes later I find myself walking towards the big, magical house hidden in these woods. I'm lost in my thoughts when I hear a sudden „HOOT! LUZ YOU'RE BACK! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH" I giggle. Of course Hooty is the first one to greet me. „Hi Hooty, how have you been?" „Well I've been alright, but no one wanted to listen to my stories, hoot. But now that you're back I can tell you about everything that happened while you were gone! First Eda-„ „What about me?", Eda interrupts him. „EDA!", I yell before running up to the old cranky witch and hug her tight. „Alright kiddo that's enough, I'm sure King wants hugs too. Glad you're back." „Right! Where is King?" „He's upstairs trying to form an army out of his toys and his weird teddy." „Alright, thank you Eda. I'll look for him.", I answer before making my way up the stairs. The owl house hasn't changed much, there are pictures of King, Eda, Hooty and me everywhere and it's still the weird house it was before. I stop before a door and hear King talking to himself. „Okey, I just gotta put this here and boom! A perfect plan!" „Whatcha planning?", I ask as I enter the room. „LUZ!", the small demon exclaims before climbing up my shoulders. „I missed you! It was so boring without you and Eda doesn't give me huggies!" I smiled. „I missed you too buddy, I'm glad to be back." „There's so much I gotta tell you! Like that one time when I fought an whole army of books trying to take down my army." Eda enters the room and snickers. „I'm pretty sure those books weren't moving and you got stuck underneath them because you wanted to build a tower. Now come on, let Luz settle down her stuff. Do you wanna help me make dinner?" King nods and jumps down to follow Eda. „I'll see you in a couple minutes! Don't forget to leave some space for me on your mattress thingy!", he says. I chuckle and put down my things, some clothes, my phone and my grom picture. Grom. I miss it, I wish I could've danced with Amity forever. I shake my head to get rid of my thoughts. I wish I didn't like her that much.

We eat dinner in the kitchen while Eda drinks her Apple Blood and King and Hooty battle each other to tell me the most interesting stories. I enjoy it, I'm finally home again. I missed this crazy world and I'm happy to be back and be able to study magic and see my friends again. My friends! Willow and Gus and Amity, I should probably try to reunite with them tomorrow at school. I hope they still like me and it's okey I'm back. A couple minutes go by and I start to get tired. „Eda, is it okey if I go to sleep? I have a lot to do tomorrow: go back to Hexside, meet up with my friends, test my magic, all that!", I ask. „Of course kiddo, try not to oversleep tho, I don't want to have Owlbert to take you to school.", she answers and stands up to clean the dishes. I get up and hug her from behind and she ruffles her hand through my hair. I smile and make my way upstairs before falling asleep.

Timeskip to the next morning

Amity's Pov:
I groan as I sit up in my bed. I barely got any sleep, thinking about how the hell I'm supposed to avoid Luz after all this time of not seeing her. I stand up and take my usual outfit from my closet before making my way into the bathroom. „Okey, I can do this. It's not a big deal...", I mutter to myself as I grab my toothbrush and -paste. „Amity, darling, hurry up! You don't wanna be late for school the first day after a way too long vacation, do you?", my mom asks in a very controlling tone. „Yes, mother", I answer and brush my teeth as fast as I can. I enter the kitchen to grab a glass of water and stuff my lunch into my bag. I realise I forgot to grab my homework on the way downstairs so I rush up the stairs again and throw them into my bag as well before running out the door. „Bye mom!", I yell and close the door before she can say a word. I run to the school to be as early as possible. I really hope I see Luz. No, I don't. I'm not allowed to talk to her, I'm not allowed to look at her and I'm not allowed to have feelings for her. I sigh and take all my stuff from my locker and make my way to my first class. I stop when I see Willow and Gus talking to a brown haired witch with suspiciously circly ears.

Luz' Pov:
„I'm so happy to be here again! I'm sorry I left and didn't come back for a while.", I try to explain to my friends. Willow stops me and pats my shoulder. „It's okey, Luz. We know you didn't mean to stay away that long and we're just glad you're back!", she smiles. „Yea and we can't wait to spend time with you again!", Gus jumps in. „Thanks guys", I say with a smile. „We should probably get going. I have abomination class now, maybe I can see Amity again! What about you?" „Plant class.", Willow answers. „I have spelling class", Gus says. „We hope you can find Amity, we haven't really talked much with her since the vacation started. Apparently her mom made her stay inside all the time and lower her social contacts", he adds. I nod and wave them goodbye before running off and bumping into someone. „Oh my gosh I'm so sor- Amity?"
————————————————————————
Yeah uh this is the first chapter of this fanfiction with over 1500 words. I'll try to make longer chapters in the future, but for now that's it!