I poked it. "What is this?"

"Just drink." He responded. With a deep sigh, I pinched my nose and took a deep breath through my mouth, before downing the disgusting drink in one long gulp.

"Bleh..." I gagged, wiping my mouth. "What was that?"

"Revenge for calling me a slug." Ethan smirked, then slid over another drink that was a slightly less putrid colour than the one before. "Here's the real hangover cure."

The others laughed as I flipped Ethan off, but still gulped down the slightly-less-disgusting drink.

"I'm never drinking again." I declared, rubbing my eyes.

"That's what I said the first time I drank." Ethan snorted. I chuckled and closed my eyes, snuggling deeper against Kit.

Ethan:

Wow.

Just wow.

She actually fell asleep.

Just like that.

What is her secret? When I want to sleep, it takes me about three hours, a hundred position changes and a sacrifice to Satan.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the doorbell rang. Me and the others exchanged wary looks.

"Go lock all our rooms." Zack said to Nick, who nodded and sprinted away as his twin went to open the door.

"Hello there, everyone." Bratty said poshly, dragging his equally posh suitcase behind him.

Wait.

Suitcase?

I glared at Issac. "Is he staying here for the night?!"

Bratty scoffed. "Good Lord no, I don't want to stay in a dump like this any longer than I am required to. This suitcase contains all my belongings that I will need for the next few hours. Now, where is the powder room?"

"The what room?" Caleb furrowed his eyebrows. "Oh! You mean the bathroom? It's just down the hall to the left."

Bratty sniffed. "And whose room will I be using for my stay?"

"The living room." Chris answered with a slight glare.

"No!" Bratty whined and stomped his foot. Jeez, was this kid sixteen or six? "I want proper room! What about yours, Ethan?"

I turned to Zack. "Remind me again, why do I have to be nice to him?" I didn't like Bratty and didn't care enough to pretend I did. "And kid, step one foot in my room and you will not leave this house in one piece." Thank the heavens Zack had enough sense to ask Nick to lock the our rooms.

"Because he's Wyatt's friend's son and Hugo's father is important so we don't really have a choice." Came the prompt reply. I scowled.

"What about Arya's room?" Bratty asked, an evil glint in his eye, probably imagining what else he could destroy with his pyrotechnic skills. He cleared his throat and reached to wake Ree up. "Hey Arya-"

Instantly, my hand clamped over his wrist and I squeezed it tightly, smirking slightly when he let out a strangled whimper as his bone creaked. "Interrupt her sleep and I'll interrupt your breathing."

Sparklemuffin bleated encouragingly and I could've sworn he glared at Bratty. For once, me and the flea-infested animal were on the same page.

Mine and Ree's friendship is strange. It goes from 'yo, I'll help you hide the body' to 'breathe in my direction and I'll kill you'- there is pretty much no in between. And yes, while I was still miffed she compared me to a slug, I'll be dammed if I allowed anyone else to disturb or hurt her.

It hadn't escaped my notice how underweight and pale she was all the time. At first, I thought it was due to stress, but then it started happening more frequently and I saw how tired she was starting to become. At night, I could hear her sneaking out sometimes and even tried to follow her once, but to no avail. I'd first googled the symptoms, then immediately closed the tabs when some pretty terrifying results popped up. However, when I tried to connect the dots- including last night's little episode- it formed a picture that I couldn't- or wouldn't- understand.

"The living room is that way." Caleb stated coldly. We towered over Bratty- five men and one animal united. Was it wrong of me to enjoy the fear oozing out of him?

Bratty gulped. "Yes, that will do, I suppose."

End of chapter 7.

Qotc:

1. Thoughts on Bratty- I mean, Hugo?

2. Thoughts on Ethan and Arya's friendship?

3. What do you think is gonna happen next?

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)