Stupid Hormonal Teenage Boys (4)

The next day I woke up feeling slightly sea sick, and maybe a little homesick. Don't get me wrong, I would rather be here than with my parents, but that doesn't mean I can't miss them. They are still the ones who gave me life.

Putting on some worthy clothes from my bag, I went into the bathroom attached to my room and looked in the mirror. Simply put, I looked like garbage. My hair was in knots, my face was pale and ghostly, and my lips were so chapped I think they may crack off.

I looked through the drawers, hoping to find something to help with my appearance. Thankfully, I found a brush. I pulled it through the knots in my light brown hair, wishing I could take a shower. After I was satisfied with my appearance, I walked down the long hallway out onto the main deck. I was hoping to meet some new people today seeming as the only people I knew were Captain, who was an old man, and Ben, who was frankly, annoying.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, "Where's breakfast, I'm starving," Ben said standing in front of me.

I scowled and replied, "Sorry your majesty, what do you want?"

"I would say something good, but I doubt that's going to happen with you as cook," he teased me.

Before I could get a word out, Captain called for Ben from the steering wheel. With a wink, he turned around and jogged away. I took this time to, creepily, check him out. He had muscles alright, but not the kind that said: I try too hard. His muscles were absolutely perfect, especially his biceps. Wait, no, I did not just think that. I shook my head and headed back down the hallway to the kitchen.

I made the most easy and simpliest thing ever, just for Ben. Cereal. That's right, cereal. Considering that's the only thing that was left in the cabinets, I had to make it.

After breakfast everyone got back to their rightful jobs and I continued cleaning the kitchen. "Jenna, were gettin' to port today. We can stock up on any foods you be wanting to make for us," Captain said from behind me.

"Does that mean I get to come to port with you guys?" I asked excitedly.

"Well, normally I would say no because this isn't a very good place for a young, pretty girl like yerself to be at." I frowned, "But, I think you can handle it,"

"Yes! Thank you so much Captain!" I said jumping up and down.

He laughed at my eagerness and said, "Settle down there, we'll get there in about 2 hours," After our little talk, he left and I was alone cleaning the kitchen. This was the only part about this job that I hated. I found out that I actually loved the cooking part, but the cleaning part just wasn't my cup of tea.

I heard the door swing open behind me. It was either Captain or Ben, they were the only people who ever came near the kitchen, or near me for that matter. But I was surprised when I turned around to find a guy about my age with platinum blonde hair and bright green eyes. He seemed to be surprised to see me too. "Are you the new cook?" he asked in a deep voice.

"Umm, yes. What are you doing in here?" I asked, not being able to contain my curiousity.

"I'm just getting a snack if that's alright," he said looking hesitant.

"Oh yeah, of course that's fine, I'm Jenna by the way," I said hoping to lighten the tension in the room.

He smiled reaching for a cupboard, and said, "I'm Aiden."

I smiled back as I wiped down the counter. We fell into a comfortable silence as he ate his granola bar. "I didn't know we would be getting a new cook anytime soon," Aiden said distrubing the silence.

"Oh, what happened to the old one?" I asked looking into his green orbs.

"He fell overboard during a storm," he said it as casually as if talking about the weather.

"Oh, great," I replied sarcastically. This was just great, knowing how clumsy I am. And the fact that I couldn't swim. I couldn't swim, and yet I'm now living in the water, how ironic.

Aiden must've seen my faraway look because he said cheekily, "Don't worry, I wouldn't let a beautiful woman like you fall," and with a wink he left the kitchen. Boys are so confusing, I thought. Before we got to port, I decided to try and meet someone new who wasn't a confusing boy, or Ben.

I walked on out of the kitchen and onto the main deck. I looked around at all the unfamliar faces and got nervous. How do I make friends with a pirate? I mean sure they seem like normal, friendly people, but still they were PIRATES!

I was too nervous, so I stumbled around to make a dash for my room when I ran into a chest. I looked up to see the smiling face of..........Aiden?

"Oh sorry Aiden," I apologized stepping away.

"It's fine, want to come steer the ship with me? It's my turn," Aiden asked sincerely. How do you say no to that? I nodded eagerly. I've always wanted to steer a ship. I ran up the stairs to the upper deck I was so eager. Aiden laughed at my excitment and walked me over to the wheel. He guided my hands towards where they were supposed to go, pressing his chest up against my back and circling his arms around me to show where my hands were supposed to be. We stayed like this until someone cleared their throat from behind us.

I ducked out of his arms suddenly embarrassed. I turned around and saw Ben standing behind us with a dark look clouding his features. "Aiden, what are you doing?" His voice was laced with so much poison, I shrunk back suddenly scared of this new, frightening Ben.

"I was just showing Jenna, how to steer the ship," Aiden said arrogantly, not backing down. With surprising speed, Ben was in Aiden's face. Ben was a couple inches taller and Aiden had to tilt his head just a little to look him in the eyes.

Before anything serious could happen Captain was between the two of them. "Boys, boys, what did I tell you about startin' fights for no reason,"

Ben slowly backed up, his eyes not leaving Aiden's. Something must have happened between them before that could cause so much hostility. "Ben, why don't you take Jenna to her room and get her some more fittin' clothes for port," Captain said.

Ben looked like he was having a raging battle within himself before he finally took my arm and lead me back down to the main deck. A vein was bulging in his neck as he tugged me along after him to my room. He grabbed a bag from Captains room before throwing it to me and dragging me to my room. With a last look he closed the door leaving me to get dressed for port.

Stupid hormonal teenage boys.