Chapter 4

"Shikamaru, it's been 3 weeks but you and Shine doesn't have any progress yet." Said Ino. Speaking of Shine, we're currently on our way to their boot camp.

"What can I do? It seems like she's not interested at all." I replied. Ino meant that there's no sign of us falling in love.

"We have to set some rules to make the game fun for the both of you." Sakura said.

They knocked on the door and Hiro opened it.

"Hey, guys. Come in." He said and we entered their house.

"Shine~" Called Ino.

"Hello." Shine replied.

She's laying on the couch with her phone on her stomach.

"So, we've been thinking of setting some rules for your game because we can't see any progress at all." Said Sakura.

Ino pushed me to the couch and that made Shine sit up. I sat beside her.

"What kind of rules?" Shine asked.

Man, this whole situation is such a drag.

"Every time that you two are out together or we are out together, you have to hold hands. Every time you see each other, you have to greet each other with a kiss. Every time Shikamaru's chilling here, you have to cuddle. Every game, Shikamaru needs to watch. And we also encourage sleep overs." Said Ino.

"Eh? Isn't that too much for just a game?" Asked Shine.

"Yeah, you're asking too much." I agreed with Shine.

"Then you'll have to pay us 10,000 ryo." Said Ino.

"Fine! We'll abide by the rules." Said Shine in defeat.

Ring... Ring... Ring...

"Hello?" Shine said. Someone called her.

"Really?! Yeah, we're in the boot camp... Where are you? Are you near? Okay, okay... We'll get you." She said and she hang up.

"Hiro! Coach and the others are already here!" Said Shine and she got up.

"Come on guys, let's pick them up." She said and we left the house.

"Finally! They decided to come here!" Said Hiro. We're currently walking to the gates.

"I know right. The championship starts in two days." Shine replied.

"Ehem." Ino faked cough while looking at me and Shine.

Oh, shit. The rules.

I held Shine's hand and she didn't resist. I intertwined our fingers and gently squeezed her hand.

"Hey, guys. Where are you going?" Asked Kiba alongside Neji.

"We're picking up the rest of the team." Replied Sakura.

"Ah, can we come?" He asked and they nodded.

Kiba locked me in his arm and whispered.

"Showing public affection now, huh?" He teased.

"You don't have to whisper. They set some stupid rules." I replied.

When we were near the gates, Shine lets go of my hand immediately.

"Julian!" She said and she ran to a guy.

The guy welcomed her in a hug.

"Who's that?" I asked Hiro.

"That's Julian. He's kind of like a brother to Shine. Actually, to us. He's super nice and understanding and he's also talented." He replied.

Julian kissed Shine on the head and the other guy gave her a pat on her head also.

"Hey, coach." Shine greeted.

"Sorry we took so long, they insisted to see every hot springs there." The coach said.

"I bet it's Pai's idea." Said Shine rolling her eyes.

"Hello, we are your guide here in the village." Said Sakura.

"Ah, you don't have to but thanks." Said the coach.

"Come on let's go to the boot camp." Said Shine and we walked back to the boot camp.

Shine and I let them walk in front of us. I held her hand again but Shine doesn't seem to like it. She's not holding my hand as tight as earlier. Maybe she's shy?

When we reached the boot camp, they invited us inside.

"Looks like you guys grew on Shine. Since we have to prepare for the championship, we have some rules. No visitor allowed during practice hours. That's 7 am to 12 pm. Also, after scrimmages which takes place at 2 pm until 7 pm. Sometimes our scrim takes place until 12 midnight to 2 am. If you want to come over, text Shine so she can provide the schedule, okay?" Said coach and we agreed.

"Speaking of scrim, we have one against BTR later at 11 pm." Said Shine.

"Check ping at 10:40 pm." Said Julian.

"Okay, we'll take note of your rules. We have to go, see you." Said Ino and we left the boot camp.

Shine's POV

"We almost lost." I said to them.

"If you hadn't been distracted to Kyy, our performance wouldn't be that bad." Said Hiro.

"I know, I'm sorry." I replied.

"Still good work, Shine. I have never seen such strategy but we can't use it in the championship since it's not guaranteed that it will make us win." Said coach.

"Okay coach. I'll go over some drafts later. I'm just going to the convenience store to get some coffee." I said and I left the boot camp.

It's really dark and quiet now since it's 12 midnight.

"Where are you going?" Asked a familiar voice. I looked at my side and I saw Shikamaru.

"To go get some coffee." I replied.

He walked to me and held my hand.

"You don't have to. There are nobody else here except for us." I told him.

"But it's the rules." He said.

We continued walking while holding hands and I saw a familiar figure. When we got near, my heart pounded a little bit.

I immediately let go of Shikamaru's hand when I saw who it is. Kyy.

"Hey, Shine. What are you doing here at this hour?" He asked.

"Just going to get some coffee." I replied with a smile.

"Okay, take care. Good game well played." He said and he walked pass us.

"Who's that?" Asked Shikamaru.

"Kyy from the other team." I replied.

"You really have to let go of my hand?" He asked.

"Sorry. He's my crush." I replied.

"Oh, I see. It's fine, it's not like we're official anyway." He said.

"Yeah right." I replied while chuckling.