She donned dark almond leggings, a white skinned top, and a caramel coat almost as big as she was to keep warm.

A solitary ring sat on her ring finger on her right hand.

Shaped as the antlers of a deer.

"Break it if you're ever in danger, I'll be there before you realize it," The Darkness advised Katherina.

Her face lit up with a smile. A force of love seems to take over her whenever she thinks of him. Her pale cheeks were flushed with a deep blush.

Katherina was certain that if she continued in this manner, Ziv would find her and begin to tease her about her 'crush.'

Ziv arrived right in front of her, just as she had predicted. Katherina was tickled by their white long hair as they bent over her. 

They chuckled, "And with that, the Cat trapped the Mouse." They didn't appear out of breath or even exhausted, unlike Katherina.

Katherina giggled, thinking it was a game of Cat and Mouse.

Ziv extended their hand to her and helped her to her feet.

"Are you tired yet?"

"Not even close!"

With a challenge in their eyes, Ziv smirked.

Pointing up to the tree beside them, Ziv smiled as they looked back at Katherina.

"Do you want to go climbing?"

"Always," Katherina said with a sly grin.

Pulling herself up, she pushed herself to the tree. She drove her nails into the bark, urgently attempting to stay upright.

When Katherina went looking for Ziv, they were almost at the top. For mounting the stem, they switch to a male form, then to a female form for swinging from branch to branch.

Katherina stopped to gaze at them for a while. She knew Ziv was strong and wild but right now at that moment, they looked free. Graceful.

As if they were flying, soar-

Katherina lost her footing.

"Ziv!"

Their eyes widened as they looked back at Katherina.

As gravity pushed Katherina down, their figure began to fade as the ground neared.

Katherina closed her eyes and curled up, waiting for the shredding pain in her spine to strike the ice.

Strong arms then gripped her waist and sheltered her from the ground, keeping her from falling.

Katherina looked up to see Ziv, who was hunched over near her.

After a few moments, they began to guffaw when they returned her look. As if sudden death hadn't almost come to them just moments ago.

But it wasn't long before Katherina joined them in their hoarse laughter.

Perhaps it was the fact that they were on the verge of death was amusing.

Or maybe they were simply insane.

As they lay side by side in the snow, Ziv reached for her hand.

When they touched, though, Katherina was stung. When she looked down, she noticed a large cut across her left hand's palm.

Instead of blood, they were greeted by just brightness. It felt as if light was spilling from her fingers.

"Guess I should start calling you 'Star summoner' from now on," Ziv teased.

Katherina smiled.

***

Katherina, all dressing in her peach nightgown, opened the door to her room. Where the Darkness sat on one of her lounge chairs.

Moving the bed, she sat at the corner of the mattress. Facing him.

If it had been another moment, she might have complimented him on his appearance.

His skin gleamed anew, and his eyes restored to their original color. His black black dreadlocks were braided in a male bun.

He wore a dark grey long sleeved shirt that pulled up on his forearms. And dark colored pants.

In front of him, Katherina felt like a wreck. Her hair was still damp from the bath, and her nightgown didn't. It had a 'V' line, which at least revealed somewhat,

Despite the gravity of the situation, Katherina couldn't help but fret over her attire.

The Darkness spoke after a few moments of silence.

"Don't believe that I now address you as 'you highness'."

Katherina was taken aback. Despite his cold countenance, she noticed the softness in his eyes.

"Don't forget the bowing," she said warmly.

He approached her and drew her into an embrace. He buried his face in her neck while resting his head on her shoulder. Sending shivers down her spine.

Thank the Caldron for the high bed frame. He would have had to kneel if it had been any lower.

Though there's a part of Katherina that doesn't mind.

He growled, "Don't scare me like that again."

She caressed his hair, allowing the surge of love to wash over her.

"'m sorry."

"You should be punished for worrying me." he smirked as his grip on her tightened.

Katherina's pulse quickened.

"Wait, no- No. I'm serious, dont-" she warned but he paid her no mind as he pushed her deep into her bed.

His hand on her waist as he began to slide his fingers on her stomach.

Katherina, being the sensitive female that she is, burst out laughing.

Regardless of how hard she attempted to push him away, he continued tickling her.

Moments like these made Katherina happy, and he didn't seem to mind how absurd she sounded or how strange she appeared.

His sole objective is to tyrannize her into submission.

He eventually let her go. As he curled up next to her, his shadow wrapped around her, lulling her to sleep.

Katherina breathed in his scent deeply before closing her eyes. Letting oblivion and dreams take over.

But, unbeknownst to her, the Darkness was withholding something from her as well.

For unlike the immortals, he was a God.

As a result, he does not sleep. It isn't required.

The only reason he would roll up with her under the covers and share warth was to be with her. Touch her.

For Katherina was the God of shadows' beautiful weakness.

A weakness that brought him to his knees.

A weakness that would lead to his death...