Ch 34: Nightmares Revealed

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "I don't know, I told her we were probably done with dealing with her."

Ozpin: "This will be the last time."

Y/N: "When do we leave?"

Ozpin: "You two will head out tomorrow if there are no complications. There is no school that day."

Y/N: "If Yang's coming along, we'll be gone more than a day."

Ozpin: "You are capable of bringing a person with you when you teleport. You could be there and back in a matter of hours that way." Of course.

Y/N: "Fine. It'll make this quicker. We won't even need to stay in a hotel." I hoped he couldn't see my blush at the thought of holding onto Yang for hours. 

I went back to our room. She was out of class already since it was afternoon. I found her in her team's room playing video games with her team.

Yang: "Oh, hi Pretty Kitty!" And obviously she calls me that in front of her team.

Ruby: "You have pet names for each other? That's so cute!"

Y/N: "She has no end of pet names for me. Yang, I need to talk to you. We have a mission, and we can get it done by the end of tomorrow if you're up for it."

Yang: "Um... Sure! What are we doing?" She didn't even look away from the screen. Weiss was trying to beat her, but she was going up against Yang so I knew she didn't stand a chance.

Y/N: "We're going to see Raven. We need to try to bribe her into joining us. After that, we'll only be left with making sure Ruby can use her eyes and getting Summer." The room fell silent. "Blake, how are you dealing with your new power?"

Blake: "Fine. Weiss is a good teacher."

Y/N: "Good. Are you all... Sure you still want in?"

Ruby: "What do you mean? Don't you at least need Blake and Weiss?"

Y/N: "Yes. But I wish I hadn't jumped into this as fast as I did."

Weiss: "You said we could end this before the school year is over. That's not as a big of a commitment as you made."

Y/N: "I guess so. Thank you for not being angry at us."

Ruby: "I think we're still angry at Ozpin, but not you." They all nodded.

Y/N: "Well, if this works, he'll be gone too. So are you ready to go tomorrow, Yang?"

Yang: "Wait, how are we gonna do this in one day?"

Y/N: "I can teleport both of us. I didn't before because I'm not sure how well another person will handle it."

Yang: "Ok. I can do that. We weren't doing much tomorrow, right?"

Ruby: "Not really. Why are you only bringing Yang? You two want some more alone time?" She looked at me tauntingly.

Y/N: "Because we're going to her mom." I turned to leave.

Yang: "Where are you going, honey?"

Y/N: "Yang, I swear." Everyone else laughed. "I'm going back to our room. I don't have much else to do."

Yang: "Why don't you hang out?"

Y/N: "If I do, will you stop saying stupid things?"

Yang: "Nope!" I sighed and sat down next to her. Everyone else tried to hold in a chuckle. Ruby failed. I rolled my eyes. Yang put her arm around me and kissed me on the cheek.

Y/N: "So what are you doing?"

Ruby: "Just kinda hanging out."

Y/N: "Whatever."

Yang: "See what I mean? You're totally a tsundere!" She leaned on me.

Y/N: "I am not."

Ruby: "A what?"

Yang: "Blake, you would know." Her face was buried in her book. She probably was embarrassed that she knew what that word meant. "Ok fine. It just means someone who is mean but gets sweet when you get close to them."

Ruby: "Oh. That sounds about right." I just sat there. Anything I said would only encourage Yang. She won another round and Weiss was visibly frustrated. I sat there the rest of the afternoon with them.

Timeskip

I was alone for a while afterward, since I had gone to get ready for bed before Yang. For the first time, everything that had happened in the last few weeks finally set in. 

I had killed my own family, lost a friend, and found the way to end a war that had been raging for thousands of years. I had been just going with it, until now when I finally realized how much was happening. I tried not to cry from it all, but it was too much. Eventually I managed to calm myself down, but then Yang came in.

Yang: "Hey... What's wrong?" There wasn't much point in trying not to tell her. I had never been able to hide things from her. I just told her everything that I was feeling. She sat down next to me and pulled me onto her.

Y/N: "I don't know why this is too much for me. Normally I can handle it fine."

Yang: "Normally you aren't dealing with losing a friend and killing your only family."

Y/N: "I guess so."

Yang: "You want me to hold you for a while?"

Y/N: "Sure. Just make sure you get enough sleep."

No Pov

Emerald had heard of Mercury's betrayal from some guards talking about it. She saw a Grimm beetle in her cell, which was a new type Salem had created for recon. She had made a prototype just before their attempt at breaking Cinder out. Apparently she had finished it at some point. Emerald got its attention and used her semblance to send a message straight to Salem through it. From what she had heard, they were going to try to enlist Raven's help.

Salem wasn't sure how seriously to take this information, but she had been waiting to kill Raven for a while. Despite being neutral, she was still a thorn in Salem's side.