With a lot more bloodshed and screams of horror the hostiles are eliminated by you.

Cortana: "Well, they were nice enough to bring us a ride."

Pvt. Chips Dubbo: "Alright, everyone aboard."

GySgt. Stacker: "I'll drive."

Pvt. Chips Dubbo: "What's to drive? It comes here, it goes there."

You approach the activation switch and activated the Gondola.

One-Way Ticket

You and the two Marines are attacked by a swarm of Drones as they cross the lake. The trio eliminates them.

Cortana: "This lake couldn't have been created by volcanic action, which means it was either built this way on purpose, or was created by some other cataclysmic event... Sorry, were you trying to kill something?"

After you and the Marines clear the Gondola, they move inside a structure and clear out Covenant forces which where followed by even more screams, surrounding an elevator.

Cortana: "Ah, now I see. There's a submerged section that connects these towers to the outlying structures. Looks like we're going down. Unless you'd... prefer to swim."

Pvt. Chips Dubbo: "Full car, comin' up!"

As you and the Marines journey underwater in the elevator, and peer around the murky depths.

Cortana: "I've intercepted a secure transmission from Regret's Carrier to the something called High Charity. It seems to be a formal apology to the Prophets of Truth and Mercy. Apparently, Regret jumped the gun when he attacked Earth. He's asking the other Prophets to 'forgive his premature arrival', arguing that 'no human presence was foretold.' That explains why there were so few ships in his fleet. But it's odd that a Prophet would have such bad intel about his enemy's home world."

Once you and the Marines that are alive clear the current area of Covenant, in a large chamber, looking at a huge hologram of the Prophet of Regret.

Cortana: "And people say I've got a big head."

You stared at the hologram with hatred feeding your anger towards the Prophet and the Covenant.

Prophet of Regret (Hologram): "Most of those we encountered in our search were compelled to join our Union. To take part in moment of promise, Freedom for Allegiance, Salvation for Service! But some, like the Humans, chose to impede our progress. Block our access to sacred sites, damage Holy Relics! For their transgressions, the Humans shall be hunted until none remain alive!"

Pvt. Chips Dubbo: "Oh man, he's so dead."

You and surviving Marines reach another submerged elevator and go underwater again.

Cortana: "Regret's carrier just received a response from High Charity. A very well encrypted message from the Prophet of Truth. Listen to this: 'Your haste has jeopardized the fulfillment of our Covenant, threatened our grand design. That you shall be spared a public display of our contempt is thanks only to Mercy and his wise counsel.' Truth, Mercy, Regret. Three Prophet Hierarchs. Killing Regret should shake up the Covenant leadership. But frankly, it sounds like you might be doing Truth a favour."

After emerging from the elevator, there is another hologram of the Prophet of Regret spouting religious rhetoric.

Prophet of Regret (Hologram): "Every member of the Covenant shall walk the path. None will be left behind when our Great Journey begins! That is the Prophets' age-old promise. And it shall be fulfilled!"

Y/N L/N: "Does he ever shut up."

Cortana: "'Great Journey'? Doesn't he know what these rings do?"