He turns to the paralyzed man and continues, "—to you: Arise, take up your bed, and go home."

Taking trust, the man stands up on his feet immediately taking Jesus' words. He gets off his stretcher and hangs on to it using his strong hands. The people applaud Jesus' miracle. "We've never seen anything like this—someone forgiving another's sins!"

The healed man turns to Jesus, "Thank you! You said 'Your sins have been forgiven'!" Then he, holding to his bed, walks out praising God.

"We have seen incredible things this day!" say some in the crowd.

The scribes and Pharisees are upset, obviously. Then Jesus turns to the crowd. He notices someone taking in everything. He has copper-colored hair and a thin beard, and casual clothing. Jesus sees how alert this man is, so he says, "What's your name?"

The young man answers, "Thomas."

"Thomas," echoes Jesus, "Thomas, follow me."

Chorazin

The most feared thing to expect from a Zealot is wrath, because then it reaches no limits. Until that Zealot dies.

On a hill, a considerate distance from Chorazin, a city northwest of Capernaum about three miles, a Zealot rebel is denouncing the Roman soldiers as they drive his bloody back on the grimy and rocky soil, his shoulders over wood. The centurion—an army officer in charge of about 80 men—orders the soldiers to proceed. They obey.

After two excruciating minutes, the rebel is lastly draping from an upright cross, a T-shaped cross. The nails have passed through the wrists and feet of this terrorist Jew, and he awaits an appalling death, in public sight of the city.

Crucifixion is such a dreaded execution that Roman citizens are exempt from this death. Among the Romans the word "cross" can even count as a curse word—"Go to a bad cross!" could be a term asking disgrace on the subject person.

"No, you all go to bad crosses!" yells the Zealot as he is left on the cross, deserted to his fate.

"Try to fight us from the land," taunts a soldier, "but first fight out the nails from yourself. Make the nails come out—hahahahahahaha."

"God will get you for this," assures the dying man. "God is for Israel, not the Romans!"

In two days the man will be dead.

+

Jesus looks sadly at the bare crosses as he exits Chorazin. Crucifixion is, alas, a common sight, and it'll stay that way as long as there are Zealots causing problems, and as long as the Romans are there to capture them and brutally torture them.

But Jesus knows the Zealots have accepted hatred of the Romans and even kill as many Romans as possible. They preach revolt. Is it any astonishment that multiple crosses can be seen? So many Zealots!

"They fight and they die," sighs Jesus, "but Rome remains strong as ever. Yet their hope doesn't die out."

"But you can surely drive them out of the holy land," says a man, overhearing Jesus. "I believe you—you're the one guaranteed from prophecy to deliver Israel!"

Jesus turns to this passionate man. "You're a Zealot?"

"Yes, Rabbi. And you're the Promised One!"

Jesus tries to look away from this Zealot, turning the left. But the Zealot heads over to the left, still smiling. Jesus tries the right, but in a second he's there.