1

A couple of months had passed.

That was it, just a couple of months.

Charlie was doing well, once he managed to get out of the hospital the four of you traveled for a while, finally reaching the hotel Schlatt had found previously and settling down there.

Today you sat in a graveyard that remained in your hometown. Both you and Schlatt had drove back to grab what you could from the old houses. Anything that was left, anyway.

But you asked Schlatt to drop you off by the graveyard, while he ran to the other house to gather all of the things you guys would need.

You sat in the grass as the sky cried with rain, with only a hood covering your head to shield it from the drops.

There were two tombstones sitting in front of you. The first one belonged to your mother. It had grown fairly old and dirty, but thankfully you could still see the details on the stone. Her name, date of birth, date of death.. all of it was still clear and readable.

On the other hand, the stone that sat beside it was pretty new. It was your father's. The dirt in front of it was still a bit fresh.

Apparently there was a funeral, but you didn't attend it. And though you tried not to care too much, it still hurt a lot.

He was your father. All of those years of mistreating you made you grow to hate him, yet when he was finally gone it hit you harder than you had expected.

All you felt like doing was just sitting there, starting at both stones as rain poured down. It had been a while since you had visited your mother's grave, but now that your father was buried next to her, it honestly just gave you an eerie feeling.

So many words wanted to escape you at that moment. You wanted to talk to your mother as if she was still there. And possibly do the same with your father, too. Maybe now that he was dead he'd finally listen to what you had to say for once.

Tears began to stream down your face as you thought quietly to yourself. The rain pouring down on you honestly didn't make it any better.

But suddenly, the rain stopped. Around you, anyway. It was still pouring, but now all of a sudden the area around you had grown still. A slight shadow was over you, as well.

A hand reached down and placed itself on your shoulder, causing you to tense up a bit. As you quickly looked back, though, you relaxed a bit, seeing the figure that towered over you.

"The hell do you think you're doing out here?" Schlatt said with a huff. He held an umbrella in his right hand, while his left remained on your shoulder. "Sitting out here in the rain like that. You're gonna get sick, Y/N." He huffed, grabbing your arm and pulling you to your feet.

Immediately you stood, slowly reaching your hand up and grabbing his. ".. I'm sorry. I didn't think it would rain this hard.."

Though he was a bit angry with you, Schlatt's tone softened. He slowly moved his hand up, wiping the tears off of your face with his thumbs. "Don't apologize. Just promise that next time if you wanna sit in the rain for 30 minutes, you'll wear something besides a hoodie to keep you warm." He sighed and glanced at the tombstones for a moment, before wrapping his arm around you. "C'mon, I left the car running."

He pulled you close as he held the umbrella over the two of you, beginning to walk up the path of the graveyard. You shivered and slowly got closer to him, your clothes were soaking wet.

Once the two of you reached the car, Schlatt still kept you close, guiding you to the passenger side. He opened the door for you, making sure to keep the umbrella hovering over you as you stepped in.