"What do you want me to do?" a short smile curved on her beautiful mouth upon realizing  that he would not fire her just like what she  thought of a while ago.  Feeling relax, she opted to set a good ambiance between them.

 "As Sales and Marketing Director of Punta Gallarte, I want you to conceptualize a unique marketing strategy that will bring in swarm of customers to this resort." Pinagsalikop nito ang mga daliri habang nakapatong sa ibabaw ng desk ang mga siko, eyes were still on her. 

Did she notice his dilating pupils? A good sign that he liked her. Puwes, manigas ka, bulong niya sa sarili.

"That's easy.  That is why I am here for," she said smiling but  the sarcasm was evident on her tone.

"I want you to present the marketing strategy after two days," a meaningful  smile curved on his mouth, too.

"After two days? That's impossible..." maang na tugon niya.  Bahagyang napaangat ang puwitan niya mula sa pagkakaupo.

"What made you say it's impossible? You have your brain and your  lap top with you?" sarkastiko ring tugon ng lalaki.

"I mean my staff are in Makati.  I will be needing them during the conceptualization process."

"You don't need them in the first stage of conceptualization.  I have already scanned your profile, Lei.  You are extra ordinary when it comes to creating marketing strategies.  My father would not choose you if you're not.  You can do it without your team. But don't worry they will be coming here in two days," he said firmly, not bothered on her reply.

"What?" her eyes widened  in surprise.  "Does it mean I won't be able to return to Makati today?"

"Yup. You have to stay here for another two days or worse, one week until you finalize your task."

"What a surprise? You should have told it to me before." Nag-init ang mukha niya dahil sa nagbabangong galit.

"What do you mean before? Kung hindi mo ako  sinampal kagabi, malamang nagkausap tayo ng maayos.  I can fire you anytime, Azalea, but not this time.  I cannot afford to tint the trust that my father gave me.  You are his personal pick , that's why I'm still giving you a chance.  But you have to prove to me your worth. You have to show me that you deserve the trust and confidence that my father have in you."

Ayun! Lumabas din ang totoo. Ginagantihan siya nito dahil sa kasalanan niya kagabi.  Sinisingil siya sa paraang hindi siya pwedeng tumanggi o magreklamo.  "And what do you think of me? A superwoman?" gigil na tanong niya.

"Yeah. A superwoman. A tigress. A witch. A devilish woman. Enchanting but dangerous.  A beautiful creature who will eat my heart and drink my blood. A one in a million employee who would dare to slap her boss in public during the very important occasion in his life."

Natameme siya. He was reminding her of the incident last night. Suddenly, she was held hostage, realizing that anything she would say would be used against her. She was out of her mind if she would continue arguing with him.  Did she forget that she was dealing with the most formidable lawyer in the country?

 A sarcastic smile curved on his face.  "Ganyan ka ba talaga makipag-usap sa boss mo." Bahagyang dumukwang ang lalaki upang mapalapit ang mukha sa kanya. She felt a turmoil deep inside her. A thousand of butterflies  fluttered inside her stomach and she felt the need to vomit.   His ravishing looks could really make her nervous and insane. 

"Alam kong boss kita at hindi mo na kailangang ulit-ulitin iyon.  Now, if you'll excuse me." She had to think of an alibi so that he would not notice the effect of his presence on her. Kung magtatagal pa siya sa loob ng opisina , matutuluyan na siyang mataranta dahil sa kaguwapuhan ng lalaking ito na ilang dangkal lang ang layo sa kanya. She knew that all dismay and antagonistic feelings she had would disappear once he drew closer.  Sinasadya ba nitong dumikit lagi sa kanya?

"Yes, you may. Just don't forget your assignment. I need the result in two days." Relax na sumandal sa swivel chair ang lalaki. He rested his hands on the arm chair exposing his wide shoulders and chest.  It's evident that he was displaying his triumph over this argument. He was a wolf in his expensive clothing. A silly and capricious god who sought pleasure in abusing  his power over a mortal like her.  A devil inside a clever lawyer's profile.  

 "Damn," paasik na sagot niya  habang padabog na lumabas ng opisina.

Bahagyang napapangiti si Zach habang sinusundan ng tingin ang papalabas na dalaga.  Making her pissed off was his plan today.  He was planning to play a game with her before she could play her own game with him.  With her charm, brain and talent, he knew that she can drive any man  crazy.  At hindi niya hahayaang mangyari iyon, hindi pa isinisilang ang babaeng nakatakdang paglaruan siya.  Not even Azalea Alvez.  Ngayon pa lang ay ipapamukha na niya sa dalaga na nasa ilalim ito ng kanyang kapangyarihan at wala siyang gagawin kundi sumunod sa lahat ng kaniyang ipag-uutos.  Simula pa lang ito ng laban.  Once she was totally subdued to his power and authority, it would be easy for him to bring her to bed.

Then a deep sigh escaped from his throat.  Kung alam lang ni Lei na grabeng mind over body ang pinairal niya kanina.  When she entered his office, all he wanted to do was to hug and kiss her. Mabuti na lang at nakapagpigil siya.  He couldn't explain the excitement that he felt brought by her mere presence especially when her feminine scent filled the room.   Naughty thoughts played in  his malicious mind.  Kung ganitong kausap lang niya ang dalaga at may espasyo sa pagitan nilang dalawa ay  grabe na ang arousal na nararamdaman niya, how much more if she would be under his hard body, naked while passionately clinging and begging him to love her, to go inside her?

Shit, he cursed. Ano'ng meron ang babaeng iyon at kung anu-anong kalokohan ang naiisip niya? Bakit tila lagi niya itong kinasasabikan? O mas tamang sabihing pinagnanasaan?

A familiar ache between his thighs tortured him again.

                                                -TO BE CONTINUED-