Chapter 6.2

ALAS-OTSO ng umaga, katatapos lang  maligo ni Lei at kasalukuyang tinutuyo niya ng bath towel ang basang buhok nang tumunog ang intercom sa loob ng kanyang silid.  It was Rachelle, Zach's secretary. 

"Atty. Santana needs to see you, Ma'am Alvez."

"Why? I don't have an appointment with him." Bahagyang bumilis ang tibok ng kanyang dibdib.

"He set an urgent meeting with you, ma'am."

"Urgent meeting? With me alone?" 

"Yes, ma'am. He is waiting for you now in his office."

Frantic, she sat on the edge of her bed. Sari-saring isipin ang naglalaro sa utak niya ngayon.  Sa ano'ng dahilan at ipapatawag siya nito?  Could he be a vindictive one?  Gagantihan ba siya nito? Parurusahan? Tatanggalin sa trabaho?

 She heaved a weary sigh.  She was terrified.  For  the first time in her life, she would be saying sorry or perhaps, beg for her job.

Nasa first floor lang ng hotel ang opisina ni Zach kung kaya pagkalipas ng ilang minuto ay nasa harap na siya ng pinto nito.  Tumatahip ang dibdib na kumatok siya pinto ng office nito.  It took several minutes before she had the courage to push the door.

She wore a navy blue dress and matched it with  red belt.   It has a sexy cut that flaunted her sculpted body and smooth legs.  Tinernuhan niya iyon ng red stilleto na  four inches ang heels.  Kung kaya ang tangkad niyang tingnan sa tunay na height niyang five feet and five inches. 

He was sitting behind his desk, half-smiled and half- amused.  She noticed the flickers  in his eyes but she was more anxious on what he would say rather than on what she could see on him.  His eyes lingered on her smooth and long legs. She knew that her dress and stiletto created an illusion of her height.  But she was still a dwarf compared to Zach's towering height.  He must be a six footer, and with his good posture and lean body, he really looked like a Hollywood actor or a god from Greek mythology.

She remained standing in the middle of the wide and elegant office few steps from the door.  Unknown to this man, she was secretly  regaining  her poise that she thought had blown away   upon seeing him in his majestic throne.  He was really a looker, exuding with appeal, dignity and power.

"How's your first night here, Miss Alvez?" he widened his smile causing his  white teeth to flash. He raised his hand towards the vacant seat in front of his desk , gesturing her to sit.

"It was good." She felt discomfort.  His gaze penetrated her very soul.  She sensed that he was undressing her in his imaginations.    Humahagod sa kabuuan niya ang mga titig nito, lalung-lalo na sa kanyang dibdib. Mahinahon siyang umupo sa silyang itinuro nito habang patuloy na kumakabog ang dibdib.

"Sorry for interrupting your vacation here, Miss Alvez or can I call you Lei?"  he didn't wait for her reply, he immediately continued as if her answer would not interest him.  "I know that you are going back to our sales office in Makati today but we need to talk."

"About what?" She knew that the crumple on her forehead did not change the charm on her face for he was still gaping at her, admiring her.

"About my plan of raising the revenue of this resort. That is the first thing that I want to focus on.  Ayokong mapahiya sa aking ama.  And aside from that, I also want to outwit the long time competitor of Punta Gallarte, the Sierra Grande Resort owned by Don Fernan Custodio."

Blood suddenly rushed through her veins.  Bigla siyang nakaramdam ng kakaibang lakas nang marinig ang pangalan ng kinamumuhiang lalaki. Mukhang makakatulong niya ang abogadong ito sa pagsasakatuparan ng kanyang mga plano. Everything was working well according to her plan.