56.

Firstly, I'm really sorry for the lack of upload last week, it was half term here and life was really busy! Secondly I wanted to shoutout @racket93 for all of your support on this story, it really helps! also a shoutout to @danishjulie who I've seen has started reading this story, thank you for your support on this and for following me over from Best Friend to PR!

Hope you all enjoy this chapter, there aren't too many left so any suggestions for what you want to see in the last few chapters of this story please comment!

Rosie

We are here, in Monza, the teams home GP. My favourite race of the season, the buzz here is unlike anywhere else on the calendar. However I'm not feeling as excited as I usually would be, I am fed up of being smothered by everyone. I'm currently walking with George as I'm not 'allowed' to walk into the paddock alone. "You are really showing now, the media are going to go insane" George mutters to me as we walk into the paddock together "I'm sure they are, but I only have to put up with it for this season" I shrug "Well, you handle this like a professional" George compliments me but I'm not in the mood "Thanks, I'm more concerned bout getting a good result this weekend, especially as we didn't even race last weekend" I say and George rolls his eyes at my attitude, as we arrive at the Ferrari garage "How are you going to manage being at home instead of at the races?" He asks me "I probably wont see next season" I'm blunt but it is the truth, His face falls and I feel the guilt wash over me "I'm sorry, thanks for walking me here" He gives me a quick squeeze "I will always want to spend more time with you Rose" He waves before he makes his way to his garage. Charles had to come in early as the fan interaction is always through the roof this weekend. Mattia has told me that I'm not to step into the garage before 9am over the race weekend. Something I openly opposed, but it was 2 against one not in my favour. I'm used to being here and set upon around 7am and it feels wrong allowing Robbie to take over from me. I am still his race engineer but Roberto is taking over slowly so that he will be prepared once I'm gone. Charles deserves the best, he is a future world champion. I hate that I wont be here, I hate that I'm already getting pushed out and I'm upset that my husband is treating me like a piece of glass.

Charles

The Tiffosi are always incredible when we are here but it does involve extra time on my behalf, I felt beyond guilty leaving Rosie in bed this morning. We usually travel to the paddock together, she is what gets me through the weekends at the moment. It's been difficult to get quality time over the season and I am always realising that everyday is one day less on the countdown. I see Rosie walk into the garage and I can feel the grin light up my face as she walks over. She stops in front of me "Morning! You left early" She complains "Sorry! Lots of fan stuff to get done this morning" She nods "I could've come in with you, but I'm banned from being in the garage before 9" she complains and I know that all of this is difficult for her but I need to be able to look after her "I know baby, I'm sorry that you feel pushed out" she frowns "Well, I just want to do my job, I just want to feel normal" She just doesn't get it "But life isn't normal anymore, you can't pretend like it is, everything has changed" I snap, fed up with her not taking her health seriously. She scowls "I get the situation we are in and I get that you view it as my entire fault, I am not getting treatment and you cant help but blame me for that" She turns and takes her seat at the desk not allowing me to answer. She is right, I blame her for how little time we are getting but I'm overjoyed to be having our baby. She can't deny that I'm excited to be a father, I just want her to be able to parent with me. She is blowing all of this out of proportion, I shake my head as I walk out of the garage. I need to talk with Pierre.

"Hey mate, do you have a few minutes?" I ask him "Of course, what's up?" He looks concerned and I suppose he should be "Me and Rosie just had a fight over her health, she isn't taking any of this seriously and she needs to be" I get out quickly feeling my anger from earlier returning "Is she not looking after herself?" Pierre questions me and I shrug "She is complaining about working shorter hours but she can't handle being in the garage that long anymore, she needs rest, she is pregnant as well as dying of cancer but she doesn't seem to realise how dangerous it all is" He pats my shoulder "I know you have been struggling with all of this from the beginning but you can't make decisions for her, she will only grow to resent you, focus on the time you have left" I sigh "But that's the thing, she is the one leaving me, choosing to leave me, she is making all of the decisions here and I'm not allowed an opinion" Pierre looks over my shoulder and seems surprised "Well, I completely get your opinion now Charles, I'm sorry that I'm such an inconvenience to you, that you don't get to make decisions about my body, my life and my baby" Rosie says angrily behind me "It's my baby too, you are making all of the decisions about the rest of our lives and I am now just trying to help you and you wont listen" I snap back and I see her face fall immediately and regret everything "Just leave me alone Charles, I'm just a problem for you" She turns on her heel and goes as quickly as possible down the paddock "Shit" I mutter and see Pierre looking unimpressed "Knowing Rosie, she was coming to apologise, you've fucked up man" He tells me before walking back into his garage. I stand there for a few moments before my brain engages and I sprint down the paddock looking for Rosie.