7.

Rosie

I hold my key card up against the door of the hotel room waiting for it to beep. I turn the key over a couple of times and finally I hear the beep. I stumble in and see the Soph isn't here yet. I throw my bag down on the floor and collapse on the bed closest to the door. It's been a hectic couple of weeks leading up to this weekend in China. The team have attempted to bring some upgrades to the car so my data is slightly irrelevant till the first practise session on Friday. I've spent everyday at the factory since I had the zoo trip with lando about 10 days ago now. My face is still looking slightly worse for wear and I can't wear make up this weekend. My bottom lip was the biggest casualty and still has stitches underneath and looks quite swollen. George was fussing over me when we got home after telling me off for clearly not keeping out of trouble.

I hear a key card on the door and it makes me fully awake. I must have dosed off and Sophia is currently dragging her many bags into the room. "Hey Soph" I shout from my bed "Oh Rosie! How annoying that we were put on separate flights" she tells me flopping down on her bed "I know! I ended up sat with Marcus though so it wasn't too bad" I tell her and she laughs "please tell me you didn't discuss data and strategy the whole flight" she shoots me a knowing look "well that and him continuing to take the piss out of my face" she laughs "well you were very stupid" everyone at the factory knows I fell over running to see the giraffes George made sure of it. "Thank god Lando was better in a crisis than I would've been" she rolls her eyes "how's things with Lando?" I don't know how to answer "well I haven't seen him since the zoo but we talk everyday" she nods "and?" I shrug "well that's about it" she looks shocked "seriously? He hasn't asked for more?" I shake my head "I know and we've been going on dates for a couple of months now" she throws her arms down on the bed "well I heard Ella telling Em that she think he will ask her out soon" my heart sinks "well I suppose he can do what he likes" I say trying to pretend that it doesn't hurt.

Me and Soph decide to go for dinner just us two together and as I'm getting ready I decide to post the photo from the other day before the zoo

@RosieRussell63 taken before my love of Giraffes destroyed my face! The comments immediately come in @georgerussell63 I always forget how clumsy you are @charles_leclerc I'm sure you still look beautiful 🥰@landonorris you scared the crap out of m...

The comments immediately come in
@georgerussell63 I always forget how clumsy you are
@charles_leclerc I'm sure you still look beautiful 🥰
@landonorris you scared the crap out of me, we will go see the giraffes though! 🦒
@alexalbono you need to have a better eye kept on you
@ella1998 *rolls eyes* you were looking fire though

Charles was really sweet and Lando is right I am owed my giraffe time! I laugh before throwing my jacket on over my jumpsuit "you ready Soph" I shout waiting for her to emerge from the bathroom "yeah! Let's go" I decide to get the room key as she is always forgetful. We wander out of the hotel towards a cute noodle bar Soph found on google "I always forget how different China is to home" I say seeing how busy the streets of Shanghai are "I know! It's crazy to me how many people live in this city" we end up nudging out way through a crowd of tourists before getting to the restaurant, we are shown to a seat and we quickly order "I'm absolutely shattered" I complain "the jet lag is ridiculous" Soph comments "so what are you going to do about Lando?" She asks and I had been having a good think about this earlier "well we aren't together but I'm not going to beg for his attention" she nods "well I saw Charles left a cute comment perhaps you can see if he likes you?" I shake my head "we've been friends since I was little" I explain "same with Lando, what's the difference" she is right "he has always been like this with me, don't read anything into it"