36.

Rosie

"You ready Mon ange?" Charles shouts up the stairs "I'm coming!" I say and I look around quickly for my phone. I spot it poking out from under the duvet and throw it into my bag before running down the stairs. I see Charles waiting for me at the bottom "you look stunningly beautiful" he tells me as if he already knew how insecure I was feeling "you look better!" I tell him and he kisses the side of my head "let's go!" He says pulling me out of the front door.

We walk up to the house and Charles knocks on the door. We wait a few seconds before Pascale swings the door open and she immediately pulls Charles in for a hug "tu m'as manqué mon petit garçon" she tells him and I know she said she missed him. She then pulls away and turns her attention to me "Rosie! c'est si bon de te voir!" I smile "it's good to see you too!" I say in English "come inside both of you" she says and we step into the familiar surroundings of the Leclerc house. I spent almost every summer here growing up. We walk into the lounge and Arthur spots me immediately "Little Rosie!" He shouts and I cringe, I'm older than Arthur but he is taller and has always called me little "hey! It's been a while" I say as he pulls me into a hug "it has! And you have finally realised you are in love with my brother" he jokes and I freeze, since getting back together I haven't really told him that I love him "well I suppose it was inevitable" I say shoot Charles a smile which he happily returns. Lorenzo is next over to say hello "Rosie, how's Williams? How's George getting on?" He asks "really well, we are slowly working our way back up to the top" I say and he nods "I've heard rumours of George going to Mercedes in the next couple of years?" He asks and I shrug "he tends to not tell me much" he looks confused "would you go with him?" I had never really thought about it before "if he wanted me too" I say and he grins.

Charles

I don't know why I was nervous for Rosie to come here again. She has grown up with my family as well, she isn't a stranger! Arthur is making jokes and Lorenzo is asking her about Williams, it's easy. I feel a hand on my arm and I see my mum "she is perfect for you" she tells me and we both look on as she ruffles Arthur's hair and he playfully shoves her away "she is just perfect in general mama" I tell her and she smiles "I know you have both been through a lot to get here, but I am beyond happy for you" she tells me and I feel a weight lifting off of my shoulders and my families acceptance. Not that I had anything to worry about! I turn my head at the sound of her laughing, Arthur is pulling stupid faces at her and I actually couldn't be happier than I am in this moment.

"No no! George was the one that said that!" Rosie argues back and I chuckle "we haven't seen George for a long time!" Mama says and Rosie laughs "I think I see him a bit too much" she jokes "well you should bring him next time we have dinner" Rosie nods "I'm sure he would love too" she tells mama earning herself a huge smile. I give her knee a squeeze and she shoots her eyes to mine. "Right time for us to make a move" I say and Arthur groans "but we hardly see you!" He complains and I shake my head "you are coming to races! Don't worry!" I say in an attempt to calm down my little brother.

Once my family finally allow us to leave we wander back to our apartment through the streets of Monaco. I take Rosie's hand and she smiles at me. Every shitty thing that has happened lead to us being here, together. "Wanna walk along the costal path?" I ask her and she nods "I would love that" she tells me and I lead us in the direction of the cliffs. She still isn't quite herself and I'm not sure she ever will be but I know I will love her the same as I do right now forever. I should've never let her go with Lando, I have loved her since before she dated him. "Mon Ange" I say to get her attention as we reach the top of the cliffs "Charles?" She questions "I am so in love with you" I say and I see her eyes glisten with tears "I am in love with you too" she wraps her arms around my waist and buries her head into my chest. Content, that's how I'm feeling right now.