"Can I get a divorce?" that was the question that screamed louder than anything else. She wanted to know if there was an out. She needed an out in case this whole thing ended up being worse than she'd imagine. For all Hailee knew, she was about to sign her soul to the devil, and Hailee needed that out. At least then even with the divorce half of y/n's belonging would be hers by law.

Y/n bit her bottom lip, then said, "After graduation. I will sign divorce papers, if thats what you really want. I only have one condition though" she added.

"Like getting actually married to you isn't already enough"

"move in with me"

"Seriously?"

"You can have your own room, you can decorate the house however you want. All you have to do is marry me and move in with me" y/n softly spoke. There was a tone in the older girls voice, Hailee couldn't figure out.

Something about this whole situation albeit weird and sudden, didn't give Hailee a bad vibe. It didn't make her scared, or feel threaten. Instead it made her feel okay. Like she could trust y/n. Comfortable, safe and most importantly, secure; for once in her life.

"Why is this so important to you?" Hailee said.

Y/n was 18 and she was thinking about marriage already. And then after graduation she'd get a divorce if thats what Hailee wanted. What if she didn't, then what? Would y/n just accept being married to her for the rest of her life.

"I told you, the--"

"Don't say the stupid bucket list. Y/n im not dumb. You want me to actually sign a marriage certificate to legally get married to you. Its one thing to do a fake wedding and pass it off as crossing it off the list, but a legit marriage by law."

Y/n averted her eyes, looking all around the empty corridors. Students were already late for class, and y/n wasn't in a rush to go. Though she wished she didn't have to have this conversation here of all places. But she already laid the offer on the table. One thing was for certain. Her secret, would stay a secret.

"You want money right. Getting married to me will give you access to all my assets." y/n shrugged. Hailee shook her head.

"Y/n, how can you trust I won't take all your money and leave you penniless. You don't know me and you are willing to trust that I won't hurt you, steal from you... kill you?,"

"Money to me... is worthless" Y/n clenched her jaw, her eyes stayed glued to the ground. "I don't need it. So if thats what you want then you can take everything I have. But I just want you, even just for a moment" y/n whispered, almost to her herself.

"Why me?"

"You ask a lot of questions" Y/n let out a chuckle.

"Im serious y/n. Out of anyone in the world who will jump for joy for this opportunity they only ever dream about... Why me?"

"Thats the million dollar question isn't it... why me? I don't know Hailee, but I do know this offer is only for you, no one else. Maybe I'll figure it out one day."

"December 11" Hailee whispered.

"What?" Y/n raised a brow.

"December 11 is my birthday, it's when I turn 18. Im 17 right now so I can't marry you because I'm not 'legally' able to. If you can give me until then, I'll take your offer. I'll marry you"

"It's November 3rd." Y/n looked at the date on her phone, then looked back at the younger girl. "Be my girlfriend... until you become my wife" Y/n smiled.

A simple smile, that filled her eyes with happiness. Hailee didn't know y/n could smile like that. A smile that made her heart skip a beat, and smiled back.