★ Existence ★

Reverie runs towards the Elizabeth Tower, hastily.

The man was standing in front of The Big Ben Clock, grinning to himself.

Reverie was sprinting for dear life. That man said that she until midnight.

Everything around her appeared blurry and her mind is set to reach the tower at any price.

The trucks and cars on the road were passing through her but she didn't have time to concentrate on these things.

She was turning more translucent with every moment that passed and she knew that she didn't have much time left.

She needed to get to the tower and stop her wish from coming true.

Her stomach was growling rapidly out of hunger, her feet felt like they were going to collapse out of exhaustion but she needed to run. No matter how tired or hungry she was, she had to run.

The Elizabeth Tower looked pretty at nighttime. The lights gave it a mystical look.

The guards in front of the tower were drinking and they were in no condition to pay attention to the people passing by. They were neglecting their duty.

Not that they would be able to see the girl that was rushing past them with all of her strength even if they were sober.

Reverie passed through the gate and reached the man that was floating in the air in front of the tower.

" I want to cancel my wish, " Reverie said with desperation clear in her
voice.

She was panting heavily and almost couldn't feel her feet because of weariness. She was trying hard to catch her breath.

"Foolish girl. You took so long to figure what was happening. It didn't even occur to you that what you asked was for your existence to be erased but up until now you only evolved to be imperceptible. By now memories of you have been removed from everyone who recognized you. The next and final step will take place after midnight which is wiping out your existence"
The man said, coldly.

"Please don't make it come true," Reverie said with despondency.

"Too late," the man said and took the small watch out of his pocket. "3"

"Noo!" Reverie screamed.

"2" the man remained unruffled by the girl's s screams and kept counting.

"I beg you" her voice comes out tired.

"1 and 0," the man said with a smile.

The sound of the chimes of the Big Ben clock reverberated the area.

Reverie looks at her hand with a horrified expression.

It was turning to dust and vanishing into the air.

"No this can not be," Reverie says out as if to reassure herself that she was not disappearing.

Her hair started dusting away.

"Nooo!!" Reverie screams hysterically.
The man's menacing laughter fills the air.

"Stop it, " Reverie says looking at her body that was turning to dust.

Her hands, her legs, her lower body were gone and her upper body was fading away.

"No!!! Stop!!!" Reverie lets out one last scream and vanishes completely.

It's 12:01 now.

Reverie jumps up in bed. She's breathing heavily, her heart hammering in her chest.

It was all just a nightmare! It truly was a horrible one.

Reverie holds her throat that felt dry as a dessert. She takes the covers off her skinny body and heads to the kitchen.

She pours a glass of water.
The cold water touches her lips and pours down her throat, moistening it.

A knock on the kitchen that was on her left side enters Reverie's ears. She puts the glass down and looks to her left.

A scream pierces through the quiet night.

Outside the window, there was the same man beaming ear to ear, staring at Reverie with a demented look in his eyes.

_________________________________________

The End
_________________________________________

*****

Thank you so much for wasting your time on this story. I hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to vote and comment.
Thank you.