Chapter 1 (Part 2)

Stiles opens his eyes on Saturday morning, stretches his body, limbs all over the bed, and rises himself up. His dad usually let him sleep as long as he wants on Saturday, but his belly is a demanding beast. Stiles maneuvers himself to the bathroom first.

There's a note on the fridge when he walks into the kitchen.

Office call. Back at lunch.

Stiles opens the fridge and take out the milk carton. He fills a bowl with fruit loops and pour a generous amount of milk. He eats in silence, his brain isn't operating completely yet. After he's done, he put the empty bowl on the sink and heads to the living room. He plops down the couch, reaches for the TV remote and turns on the TV. Stiles loves Saturday morning.

Stiles checks his phone while watching some random TV shows. There are few text messages from the others. All of them mainly ask if he'll hang out at the pack's house tonight.

He doesn't know whether Derek wants to tell them about the date or not, but personally Stiles thinks it's too early, since he and Derek are still trying to figure things out. So, he just sends multiple replies that he has to visit family this weekend. He wasn't totally lying, he'll be out with Derek tonight and he considers Derek as a family-friend.

A couple of hours later, Stiles turns off the TV and goes to the kitchen again to make lunch for him and his dad. Since his dad will spoil himself with sinful pizza slices tonight, he decides to torture his dad with super healthy food for lunch. He cooks some plain rice, smirking at the thought of how his dad always sighs at the sight of plain rice. He also fixes some stir-fried vegetables and soy sauce tofu.

Anyway, does Derek know about his good cooking skill? Has he cooked for Derek before..?

Suddenly it's important to Stiles that Derek knows. The thought of someone else makes 'their way into the man's heart by the stomach' annoys him. He should cook Derek dinner sometime.

His dad opens the front door as Stiles put two plates and two glasses of water on the dining table.

"Hey, Dad, how's it going?"

The Sheriff shrugs. "Same old stuff, what's for lunch?"

He walks to the dining table and his face drops at the sight of the menu.

"Seriously, Son, are you holding any grudges toward me?"

Stiles laughs at his dad's comment.

"This me showing you how much I love you, Dad."

"You really need to ask for second opinion about how to show love to your old man."

Stiles sits down in his chair, still laughing, and gestures his dad to sit down.

"This or no pizza tonight? Your choice."

The Sheriff sighs in defeat and plops down on his chair.

"I can take back your permission to go on date tonight, you know."

"No, you can't. You know how persistent I am."

The Sheriff knows. He just stabs his fork grudgingly into his poor tofu.

Stiles looks at his reflection on the mirror. He looks okay. Derek said to wear something casual, well Stiles wears casual everyday, but Stiles wants to look nicely casual tonight. He wears the clothes that he chose last night: white v-neck t-shirt; black jeans; and his favorite red hoodie.

The v-neck was suggested on the internet, to wear something that would spotlight the sexiest part of the body to mesmerize our date.

Stiles honestly can't find any part of his body that screams sexy. His body did get firmer after countless pack survival trainings and lacrosse practices, but still, he's a duckling in comparison to Jackson, Scott, Isaac, and Boyd. Even worse to compare with one steaming pile of hotness called Derek Hale.