Chapter Fourteen: The Ninja of Ice & Samurai of Darkness

Edited: 29/08/2022

Narrator POV

The team except, Liam and Beau, are happily preparing for the Fun-athon, an assortment of races and events where the three man team winner of the most events gets a trophy. The teams among the Rangers are Calvin, Brody and Levi. And Preston, Hayley and Sarah. Before giving his team the baton for the relay race, Calvin is quickly distracted by the arrival of Ace, a local who rebuild his engine. Calvin goes off to meet his idol, who talks Calvin into helping fix an oil leak, leaving Brody and Levi down a teammate. While that is happening Brody, Preston and Levi were wondering where Liam and Beau could be.

3rd POV

"As Mayor, I would like to delightfully welcome you to the Lake Sunshine Fun-athon. The winner of this event get this beautiful trophy." The Mayor announced, as he held up a trophy. "And don't forget to say hello to bubbles, the Lake's mascot." He said.

"Hello, Bubbles." Preston greeted, as he walked to the group.

"Sarah and Hayley." Preston said, as he walks up to them.

"Yes." Sarah said.

"You're on the Green team with me." Preston said.

"Oh cool." Hayley said.

"Calvin and Levi, we're on the orange team." Brody said, as he handed them their jerseys.

"I got each team a baton." Calvin said.

"Thank you." Hayley said, as she took the green one.

Calvin seemed to be distracted, and he starts walking towards a direction.

"Hey, where are you going? The race starts soon." Hayley said.

"That's Ace and his crew!" Calvin said.

"Uh, who's Ace?" Levi asked.

"He only has the coolest car in town. And he-" Calvin said

 "Totally rebuilt the engine himself." Calvin and Hayley both said at the same time.

"Yeah, I remember 'Awesome Ace'." Hayley said.

"Don't worry, I'll be right back." Calvin said, and he walked towards them.

"By the way Sarah, where's Liam?" Levi asked.

"Yeah, also where's Beau?" Brody asked Hayley.

"He said he had some stuff to do today, so that he couldn't make it." Sarah said.

"Beau, as well. Something about, a meeting?" Hayley said. "Not sure, what's that about."

Sarah looks worried.

"What's wrong, Sarah?" Brody asked.

"It's just that I'm worried." Sarah replied.

"Worried? Worried about what?" Preston asked.

"About Liam. You see, Liam isn't good when he's around people he doesn't know." Sarah said. "In other words, strangers."

"How could that be? He's good when we first met him." Hayley said.

"Yeah, well, that's because I'm always there with him." Sarah said.

"What do you mean?" Levi asked.

"Let's start from the beginning..." Sarah started to explain.