Chapter Six: My Friend Redbot

Edited: 25/08/2022

3rd POV

Redbot is seen reading a story in the Ranger's base, where a Prince asks a maiden to the ball. Inspired by this, Redbot tries to ask Hayley to the upcoming school dance in the same manner as the prince, bowing on one knee as if to propose marriage. She rejects him, believing him to be just a machine, unintentionally hurting his feelings. Hayley decides to go help the rangers set up the rest of the way. However upon arriving, both Hayley, Brody and Liam are doused with punch, courtesy of Victor's failed dance attempt. The trio decided to go back to the base, where they discover Redbot is missing, but his book remains open. Brody realizes Hayley must have hurt Redbot's feelings. Guilty, Hayley decides to go look for him with her dog Kody.

〔𝙶𝚁𝙾𝚆𝚃𝙷〕

Liam POV

It was the school dance, and everyone was helping with the decorations.

"Music!" Victor shouted.

Sarah and I were behind the DJ booth and turned on the music. When music started playing, Victor starts to dance. I was standing next to Sarah with Brody on the other side.

"And now, for my super-duper-mega twirl!" Victor said, as he starts twirling. He suddenly twirled faster and he knocked over a bucket and hit the table causing the punch to got on me, Brody and Hayley.

"Nice moves, Victor." Brody sarcastically said.

"You still need to work on it." I said.

"We better go clean up before Victor shows us his super-twirl, again." Hayley said, while doing quotation marks.

〔𝙶𝚁𝙾𝚆𝚃𝙷〕

"Huh." Hayley said.

"Ugh." Brody said.

"Eww." I said, as I groaned.

We got into base and saw that Redbot is no where to be found.

"Hey Kody, where's Redbot?" Brody asked. Kody barked in respond.

"What did he say?" Brody asked Hayley.

"Uh, I don't know. I don't speak dog." Hayley replied, as she laughed.

"Ah. Good point." Brody said. 

Hayley and I laugh again.

"Oh, heads up." Hayley said, as she tossed two rags to me and Brody.

"Thanks." I said, thanking her.

"Hmm. He was here earlier. We were talking." Hayley said.

I picked up a book that was left opened, and Brody looked over my shoulder to see it.

"Won't you accompany me to the grand ball?" Brody said, as he read what was in it.

"That's exactly what Redbot said to me." Hayley said.

"He asked you to the dance?" Brody asked.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"I told him no, of course." Hayley replied, as she chuckled.

"Brody, Liam, he's just a robot." Hayley said, and she continue cleaning herself.

"I wonder if you hurt his feelings when you said no. Maybe that's why he left." Brody said.